|Location: Southampton, Hampshire||Salary: £65000 - £80000 per annum + Excellent Package!|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Paul Napper|
Senior Design Manager
£65,000 - £80,000 + Car Allowance + Excellent Package
My client which are a top tier main contractor are seeking the profiles of experienced Senior Design Managers and be responsible for delivery on projects up to £50M.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Design Manager to join their team in Southampton working in a challenging design environment.
They provide great personal development investing in training, mentoring and recognition.
Projects include: high rise residential, new build schools, student, leisure, healthcare and commercial.
Senior Design Manager Specification:
Senior Design Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage the design process during the pre-construction and as required, the construction phase.
- Design and delivery of all projects by ensuring the effective and efficient delivery by exceeding client expectations on programme, cost and quality
- Establish and manage the documentation and deliverables completion processes.
- Production of a Contractor's Proposal document in liaison with other internal departments.
- Production of a Proposal document in connection with internal teams.
- Manage our design process with external teams.
- Provide cost-effective solutions into the design.
- Designer liaison including design review meetings, progress & performance reporting, and design change control.
- Management of the design team
- Manage risk, commercial issues and compliance processes & procedures in relation to Quality, H&S, Environmental Management and other policies
- Liaison with Clients, approval bodies and other relevant third parties.
- Input to analytical & interpretative reports on technical and commercial factors.
- Review of designs on behalf of the contractor, including interrogating drawings and other technical documentation.
- Ensure the work orders are fully aware of any impact on cost, quality and timely delivery of the design teams work
- Create and manage a design library and tap into existing libraries.
- Leading evaluation of added value options and participation in value engineering meetings
Senior Design Manager Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience working for a top tier main contractor
- Strong commercial awareness
- Experience of major schemes
- Build relationships and liaise with stakeholders
- Understanding of Building Regulations
- Understanding of Planning Permission procedures.
- Holds the relevant qualifications (Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline)
- Chartered/Incorporated of an applicable organisation.
If you are interested in this role please call Paul on 01342 330577 or email to discuss further.