|Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire||Salary: £80000 - £90000 per annum + Car Allowance + Excellent Package!|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Paul Napper|
Senior Design Manager - Major Project
£80,000 - 90,000 + Car Allowance + Excellent Package
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Design Manager to join a leading tier one main contractor based near Oxford on a major data centre project for a high-profile client. They will join a major player in the UK construction industry who have an unmatched reputation for their ability to deliver technical challenging projects.
As Senior Design Manager you can expect?
- Great freedom to take full responsibility for the design coordination of a large construction project
- You'll be working closely with the Project Manager and Commercial Manager.
- Working on one of the biggest major data centre projects in the UK that contains highly technical mechanical and electrical fundamentals
- Great support in your career development, while acting as a guide to other associates of the design team
As Senior Design Manager you will be?
- Support the construction team to resolve design related issues in a timely manner to prevent a problem on the construction programme, at the same time as remaining conscious of the commercial consequences the resolution may produce.
- Coordinate the integration of the building services with the architectural and structural elements of the project, whilst unfolding possible design difficulties and suggesting effective solutions
- Review the design progress with the Commercial Team to ensure design and commercial aspects are aligned
- Review the design and recognize discrepancies, conflicts and misplaced information and record, report and track the close out of these items.
- Report into the Project Director
- You'll chair design workshops with the trade contractors and consultants, develop the design, workshop drawings and manage the coordination between trades
- Full responsibility for the construction and running of the design programme.
As Senior Design Manager you'll need?
- Solid background in design construction
- In depth knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical packages
- Major project experience gained within a main contracting environment is essential
- Design Management experience with a solid understanding of M&E
- Strong communication skills
- Hold a construction / M&E related qualification - Degree / HND /HNC
If you are looking for a new career challenge as Senior Design Manager and you would like to be considered for the above opportunity then please apply by sending your CV or call Paul Napper on 01342 330 577 for further information.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.