|Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Senior Development Engineer
Are you looking for a company that can offer you Career Progression and Exciting Products to develop? Then look no further as I have the OPPORTUNITY for you.
My client is a global leader in the power electronics industry and if you have an iPhone then you are using their products. They are looking for a Senior Development Engineer to join their successful and growing team based at their newly refurbished Milton Keynes site. You will ideally have knowledge of DC-DC convertors, AC-DC convertors and Low power electronics (1W-100W). They offer a great environment to work in and 55% of the staff have worked there for over 10 years, which says a lot about the company.
The successful Senior Development Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Competitive salary
* Staff Bonus Scheme
* 23 days holidays (increase to 26 after a period of time)
* Pension Scheme
* Life Insurance (4 x employees salary)
* Income Protection Cover
* Bupa Cover
* Simply Health Cash Benefit
* Plus others
Some of the main duties of the Senior Development Engineer will include:
* Design DC-DC converters and AC-DC converters for industrial, medical, and automotive applications. Taking responsibility for development of the product from concept to mass manufacture.
* Assist in creating design specifications, working closely with the Business Development department to exceed the customer's expectations.
* Ensure the company's commercial expectations are realised, optimising product costs throughout the development process.
* Work closely with our production and test engineering teams to ensure that products are suitable for mass production.
* Adhere to the company's quality standards at all times, ensuring that the necessary documentation is produced for product development.
* Design the converter to meet the relevant safety standards.
* Take an active role in performing verification and validation tests. Guaranteeing the product meets the converters specification and the company's reliability targets.
* Engage in research and development activities to improve the company's technical capabilities and systems.
* Maintain project plans and report on the progress of project work as requested by the section Manager.
* Provide technical support to the customer.
* Provide guidance and direction to Engineers and Technicians, taking an active role to develop the team's capabilities.
* Work effectively in a team-based environment.
* Take on other work as necessary to support the company's activities.
In order to be the successful Senior Design Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* A formal qualification equivalent to a UK degree level in electronics or a related discipline. Candidates with a HND in electronics will also be considered if they have relevant experience.
* Advanced knowledge of modern power conversion design techniques applicable to DC-DC and AC-DC converters from 1W to 100W.
* 5 years' experience of electronics design, preferably power conversion.
* Possesses an aptitude to lead projects, delivering products in defined timescales.
* Familiar with UL60950 and UL60601 safety standards.
* An ability to work on projects with tough product cost targets.
* Experience of simulation software used in electronics design.
* Familiar with mechanical design of power converters, relating to manufacturability, EMI and thermal constrains.
* Experience of laboratory based functions such as product testing and soldering.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to form logical conclusions.
* A skilled communicator, working with multiple departments at sites across the globe.
* A willingness to learn and develop their technical skills relating to the company's products.
* IT literate including familiarity with MS office software.
* Willing to travel as required.
* An MSc or PhD in a related discipline.
* Experience of FMEA assessments.
* Experience designing products for automotive applications.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Development Engineer to progress their career and join a fantastic organisation. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!