|Location: Birmingham, West Midlands||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Sector: Utilities & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Emma Puddick||Job Published: 24 days ago|
Senior Ecologist needed for a multinational financial organisation based in Birmingham who are looking to employ an experienced Ecologist to be responsible for ecological issues in Area 9 and advise Highways England with ecological matters.
The successful Senior Ecologist will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
- Company Car
- Pension Plan
- Opportunities for health care
- Discounted rates in selected stores
- Cycle to work schemes
- Opportunity to buy shares
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Ecologist will include:
- Liaise with non-statutory and statutory environmental bodies
- Site walkovers and assisting with surveys of the network
- Identify and develop ecological schemes.
- Project manage ecological schemes.
- Undertake ecological assessment work as part of EIA and AIES.
- Liaise with designers and contractors regarding ecological elements of the scheme.
- Apply for licenses and consents.
- Deliver training box talks.
What you need to be the successful Senior Ecologist:
In order to be the successful Ecologist and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Relevant degree
- Experience of ecology in the construction industry.
- Experience of working with protected species
- Highways experience preferred.
- Holding some licenses such as GCN and/or bat license.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Ecologist to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!