|Location: Eastbourne, East Sussex||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Liz Collins|
Electrical Design Engineer
Eastbourne, East Sussex
An opportunity exists for an Electrical Design Engineer. Working within the engineering team, the Electrical Design Engineer will be responsible for the design and support of the Electrical power and control systems for the development of the next generation of equipment.
- Paying a basic salary from £40,000 to £45,000 per annum. Benefits include:
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance (after successful completion of probationary period
- Relocation Assistance
- 20 days holiday rising to 25 days after 3 years' service + Bank holidays.
Some of the main duties of the Electrical Design Engineer will include:
- Electrical system design using AutoCad Electrical (or similar) - 3 Phase and Single-Phase power, 24 VDC, 4-20mA, 0-10 VDC, Ethernet, Modbus.
- Electrical design of Control Systems.
- Detailed design and specification for manufacture.
- Analogue instrumentation including Thermocouples, Pressure transducers, Gas flow meters, Pump (pressure and Vacuum) controls, Motor inverters and Heating controls.
- Digital control of Valves, SOV's, Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
- PLC Hardware (Mitsubishi Q Series, Pro-Face, Siemens or similar) with remote I/O.
- Modular design of systems for cost saving and ease of installation.
- Hands-on setup, testing and fault finding of control systems, in the factory and the field.
What you need to be the successful Electrical Design Engineer
- Be equipped with a Batchelors Degree equivalent or higher qualification ideally
- Experience of PLC Programming, Data Loggers (Eurotherm), Machinery Directive, Low Voltage Directive (LVD), EMC Testing, ATEX Equipment, CE, is desirable and could help to support an application, but not essential.
- The ability to maintain and document all Design Office materials to stipulated Company Procedures and Standards
- Proven knowledge and understanding of manufacturing bills of materials at multiple levels is essential, as is the ability to identify BoM cost reduction opportunities without compromising end design or performance results.
- Delivery of Design Modules according to agreed work time schedules
- Be prepared to mentor and share knowledge with other team members
- Full UK driving licence and ability to travel globally, as required.
The role is predominantly office based in East Sussex but the Electrical Design Engineer may be required to undertake some UK travel and short overseas visits in support of our worldwide customer based.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer looking to progress their career within a market leader in their sector. Having seen rapid growth over recent years the business continues to expand. If you are interested in this opportunity but do not live in the East Sussex area there is relocation assistance available.
Why not start the New Year with a fresh career. Apply today.