|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
My client, a globally recognised company within the defence / aeorspace industry are looking for an experienced Electro Mechanical Designer to join their growing team in Wimborne. Ideally candidates will have experience of design work where wiring / cabling has been used, as well as applied to the routing seperation of wiring / cabling. Ideally candidates will also have experience of design work where PCBs are being packaged within a larger assembly.
Candidates will also have experience of CAD Packages (ideally PTC Creo 2), as well as being proficient in both 2D and 3D Draughting and Design.
This Electro Mechanical Designer position is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As the Senior Electro-Mechanical Designer your qualifications and experience should include:
- Degree/HND/HNC or Equivalent in Mechanical / Aeronautical Engineering
- Proficient in 2D and 3D Draughting & Design using PTC Creo 2 preferred, but experience of other CAD packages would be considered - Catia experience also an advantage.
- Conversant with Microsoft Office applications
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship preferred
- Large Assembly management, mechanical design and pro/cabling experience an advantage.
- PCB packaging / Black box design.
- Loom / Cable / Harness design software conversant -CMS use PTC Routed Systems Design and TE Connectivity HarnWare.
- Document / drawing management software - PDMLink, SmarTeam.
- Awareness / Experience in the following areas would be an advantage:
- Aerospace Industry and associated processes / specifications.
- Military - UK and worldwide.
- Test Equipment and production acceptance testing.
- Systems design and designing to requirements.
- Hardware design / PCB design.
As the Senior Electro-Mechanical Designer your key responsibilities will include:
- Progress electro-mechanical design elements of a project as an activity integrated with all other design inputs from within an integrated project team, in order to develop the compliant design solution.
- Leading small design teams when required.
- Liaise with IPT members and inter-departmental colleagues, and to report technical progress to Engineering and Programmes team leaders.
- Ensure compliance of drawings to Cobham Mission Equipment design and configuration control processes.
- Support of yearly PDR (Personal Development Review) process and mentoring of other members of design team.
- Assist Team Lead in management and development of Electro-Mechanical Team.
- Assist Head of Group with process improvements in support of continual improvement philosophy
To apply for this exciting Senior Electro Mechanical Designer position, please press 'apply now'.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.