|Location: Northamptonshire, England||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Would you like to work within my clients Microwave Materials business as part of our Advanced Technology Solutions organisation? We currently have a vacancy for an Electromagnetics Engineer at our site in Northamptonshire.
The role of our Microwave Materials Group is to conduct research into radar absorbent, radar transparent material and meta-material technologies for exploitation through the on-site manufacturing facility.
As an Electromagnetics Engineer, you will be required to maintain and assist in the expansion of the Electromagnetics capability with the ATS Microwave Materials business through the development of new and emerging technologies including antenna integration and disruptive electronics.
Your main responsibilities as an Electromagnetics Engineer will involve:
- Act as a technical specialist in the field of Microwave Electronics
- Supporting the development of new technologies and opportunities to help grow the business in line with ambitious growth plans
- Maintains and build upon the capability of Electromagnetic test & measurement facilities for the Microwave Materials business in line with strategic requirements
- Work with other ATS specialists to provide expertise and support to key programmes
- Build direct customer and stakeholder relationships to assist in ensuring effective project delivery and identifying new business opportunities in line with the ATS business strategy
- Specific responsibility for development projects requiring design and manufacturing capability for LO and conformal antennas
Your skills and qualifications as an Electromagnetics Engineer:
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant scientific / engineering discipline
- A sound understanding of Microwave Electronics or Electromagnetic theory and principles
- Proven track record in product design and development activities
- A member of a recognised technical body ideally with Chartered status or working towards Chartered status - preferred
- Electromagnetic simulation experience including antenna design would be advantageous
- Active security clearance or ability to obtain
What we're looking for in you as an Electromagnetics Engineer:
You will be an excellent communicator to enable you to builds and maintain good working relationships and networks with the wider Electromagnetics community both within the business and externally. You will have good problem-solving skills with the ability to provide effective solutions to current and future obstacles.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Electromagnetics Engineer to progress within their career, please apply soon to not miss out!
Please note that all applicants moving forward for the Electromagnetics Engineer must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.