|Location: Bordon, Hampshire||Salary: Ben's|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Senior Electronics Engineer
Hampshire, Commutable from Farnham, Waterlooville, Bordon, Guildford, Cranleigh, Petersfield etc
Competitive pay + benefits
I have a great opportunity for a Senior Electronics Engineer to join a Global recognised Electronics Power company based in Hampshire. This role is for an experienced Senior Electronics Engineer to work on design and development of switch-mode power supplies with strong design experience and understanding of leading-edge power conversion techniques, ideally with applications in Hi-Rel markets and knowledge of the associated design standards. A comprehensive understanding of leading-edge power conversion techniques is required. A positive can-do attitude with a commitment to technical excellence and a proven track-record in meeting project timescales and budgets.
The successful Senior Electronics Engineer will want to work for my client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme (company pays 5% and employees' pay 4%)
- Life Insurance (2 x employees salary)
- Employee appreciation day - celebrated in summer
- Fully paid Christmas party which include all food and drinks.
Some of the main duties of the Senior Electronics Engineer will include:
- Design and development of switch-mode power supplies for sectors such as defence, instrumentation, oil & gas, rail or similar high reliability sectors.
- Taking responsibility for development of the product from concept to manufacture.
- Assist in creating design specifications, working closely with the engineering department to exceed the customer's expectations.
- Ensure the company's commercial expectations are realised, optimising product costs throughout the development process.
- Work closely with our production and test engineering teams to ensure that products are suitable for production.
- Adhere to the company's quality standards at all times, ensuring that the necessary documentation is produced for product development.
- Design the power supply to meet the relevant safety standards.
- Take an active role in performing verification and validation tests. Guaranteeing the product meets the customer's specification and the company's reliability targets.
The ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Formal qualification equivalent to UK degree level in electronics or related discipline, candidates with equivalent experience may be considered.
- Three to five years' experience of designing new and re-designing digital and analogue products.
- Familiar with modern power conversion design techniques applicable to DCDC and ACDC from 100W to 30KW including:
o Resonant conversion
o Planar magnetics
o Power Factor Correction
o Synchronous Rectification
o Control loop design
o EMC filter design
o Digital circuits for BITE, Communications and Control
- Experience of formal EMC and Environmental Qualification Testing, inc. MIL / RIA.
- Knowledge of the safety compliance requirements for CE marking.
- Off-site support of qualification and safety testing.
- Specification of Special to Type Test Equipment (STTE).
- Proficient in Circuit Simulation, Generation of Reports and Presentations.
- Experienced in generation of Technical Data Packs and attending/presenting at Customer Design Reviews.
- Be willing to travel in the UK as required.
- Have knowledge of manufacturing methods used in the electronics industry.
- Have experience of working with defined project costs.
- Have the ability to multi-task and cope with a degree of pressure in a professional engineering environment.
- Ability to work accurately to defined timescales.
- IT literate.
- Able to work in a team effectively while being self-motivated.
- Knowledge of active and passive electronic components used in electronic power converters.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Electronics Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!