|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Nuclear||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Senior Electronics Engineer
Senior Electronics Engineer needed for a leading Nuclear organisation based in Wimborne who are looking to employ an experienced Senior Electronics Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of analogue, digital and FPGA electronics
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Electronics Engineer will include:
- Detailed analysis of existing equipment to establish requirements for replacement or refurbishment.
- Establish customer solutions and support discussions of the proposed solution(s) with customer representatives to agree the optimum outcome in terms of cost, timescale and ease of implementation.
- Liaison with suppliers regarding supply and support of third party equipment.
- Carrying out specified design and development and repair work in own area of competence.
- Occasionally supporting the installation and commissioning of equipment on the customer's site.
- Developing personal engineering capability across the safety system and instrumentation areas.
- Produce technical reports, clearly identifying the preferred course of action and why after the analysis of the legacy designs.
- Drafting concise and accurate technical reports, requirements specifications and drawings as required meeting the specific needs of the deployed equipment.
- Providing technical support to the Team Leader for the proposed solutions offered to the customer.
- Peer review of technical reports, drawings and designs for safety, functionality and compliance with standards and statutory requirements.
- Provide specific technical support to project manager for projects.
- Provide a technical lead in specified areas for the team and the company as a whole.
- To carry out all work ethically, safely and in accordance with the relevant standards and best practice within the nuclear industry.
What you need to be the successful Senior Electronics Engineer:
In order to be the successful Senior Electronics Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Demonstrable ability in electrical work and/or analogue and digital electronics using conventional logic families and programmable logic.
- Appropriate technical qualifications in specific areas of electrical or electronic design or in instrumentation and control.
- Able to demonstrate skill and experience in a specific area relating to electronic equipment design or maintenance, preferably in a regulated industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively within peer group and with manager / team leader.
- SCADA and/or FPGA knowledge an advantage
- Capable of producing excellent oral and written communications.
Flexibility to travel within the UK, full driving license, ability to obtain security clearance up to SC level.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Electronics Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.