|Location: Bournemouth, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Nuclear||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Senior Electronics Engineer
Senior Electronics Engineer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Bournemouth. They're looking to employ an experienced Senior Electronics Engineer will be one of a team of engineers providing services in support of analogue, digital (FPGA) and computer-based safety systems. The team has a diverse scope from requirements through to the design and maintenance of systems and products.
The successful Senior Electronics Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 day's holiday
- Variable annual bonus
- Contributed pension
- Career progression
- Child care vouchers
- Life assurance
- And many more
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Electronics Engineer will include:
- Detailed analysis of existing equipment to establish requirements for replacement or refurbishment.
- Establish customer solutions and support discussions of the proposed solution(s) with customer representatives to agree the optimum outcome in terms of cost, timescale and ease of implementation.
- Liaison with suppliers regarding supply and support of third party equipment.
- Carrying out specified design and development and repair work in own area of competence.
- Occasionally supporting the installation and commissioning of equipment on the customer's site.
- Developing personal engineering capability across the safety system and instrumentation areas.
- Produce technical reports, clearly identifying the preferred course of action and why after the analysis of the legacy designs.
- Drafting concise and accurate technical reports, requirements specifications and drawings as required meeting the specific needs of the deployed equipment.
- Providing technical support to the Team Leader for the proposed solutions offered to the customer.
- Peer review of technical reports, drawings and designs for safety, functionality and compliance with standards and statutory requirements.
- Provide specific technical support to project manager for projects.
- Provide a technical lead in specified areas for the team and the company as a whole.
- To carry out all work ethically, safely and in accordance with the relevant standards and best practice within the nuclear industry.
What you need to be the successful Senior Electronics Engineer:
In order to be the successful Senior Electronics Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree educated in Electronics Engineering or demonstrable industry experience in an electronics design role, including schematic design and PCB layout.
- Experience in the definition, design prototyping and commissioning of electrical subsystems including PCBs, electronics racks/cabinets, cables and other electronic assemblies.
- Demonstrable ability in electrical work and/or analogue and digital electronics using conventional logic families and programmable logic.
- Appropriate technical qualifications in specific areas of electrical or electronic design or in instrumentation and control.
- Experience in managing team workloads
- DOORS knowledge an advantage
- Ability to communicate effectively within peer group and with manager / team leader.
- Capable of producing good oral and written communications.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Electronics Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.