|Location: Middlesex, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Defence / Technology
Senior Embedded Software Engineer required for one of the UK's largest and most succesful defence and technology companies, based in Middlesex.
The succesful Senior Embedded Software Engineer will provide technical leadership and define, architect, design, develop, document and test embedded and/or application software as part of a software engineering team.
Candidates will ideally have experience of embedded C / C++.
All applicants for this Senior Embedded Software Engineer role must be eligible for SC clearance
Benefits for Senior Senior Embedded Software Engineer position:
- Competitive pension
- Flexible working
- Health care
- Dental care
- 25 days' holiday
- + many more
Experience required for Senior Embedded Software Engineer:
- Significant experience of at least one of the following;
- Embedded product development (including bare-metal and RTOSes such as ThreadX, QNX or Linux)
- Embedded Linux application, kernel and/or driver development.
- C and C++
- Significant experience of best practice software development processes/lifecycles
- Experience of Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns
- Experience of software testing and design for test
- Experience of using version control, continuous integration and automated test tools and frameworks
- Exposure to defensive coding techniques and standards such as MISRA
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering practices, methodologies, processes, techniques and technology trends.
Key Responsibilities for Senior Embedded Software Engineer:
- Architect, specify requirements, design, implement and test C and C++ embedded software in accordance with the project software development process to ensure high quality and timely software deliverables.
- Apply object oriented design techniques to enable code re-use and integration with testing frameworks
- Review and understand system design artefacts to enable the derivation of software requirements and architecture that meet the high-level system requirements.
- Design, document, review and maintain the software design using modelling tools such as RSA and EA, ensuring model can be used for accurate code generation as required.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of best practice development processes, language standards and tools, e.g. TDD/BDD, Continuous Integration, DevOps, static and run-time analysis tools, C++ standards and secure software development.
- Proposes improvements in tools, processes and techniques that support quality and innovation and make the software development more efficient and effective.
All applicants for this Senior Senior Embedded Software Engineer position must be eligible for Security Clearance.
To apply for this exciting permanent opportunity, please press 'apply now'.