|Location: Ealing, London||Salary: £1 - £2 per day|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 22 days ago|
Embedded Software Engineer
Daily rate to be discussed
6 Month Contract
Embedded Software Engineer needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Middlesex who are looking to employ an experienced Embedded Software Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of C, C++ and embedded Linux application
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Embedded Software Engineer will include:
- Architect, specify requirements, design, implement and test C and C++ embedded software in accordance with the project software development process to ensure high quality and timely software deliverables.
- Apply object oriented design techniques to enable code re-use and integration with testing frameworks
- Review and understand system design artefacts to enable the derivation of software requirements and architecture that meet the high-level system requirements.
- Design, document, review and maintain the software design using modelling tools such as RSA and EA, ensuring model can be used for accurate code generation as required.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of best practice development processes, language standards and tools, e.g. TDD/BDD, Continuous Integration, DevOps, static and run-time analysis tools, C++ standards and secure software development.
What you need to be the successful Embedded Software Engineer:
In order to be the successful Embedded Software Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Significant experience of at least one of the following;
- Embedded product development (including bare-metal and RTOSes such as ThreadX, QNX or Linux)
- Embedded Linux application, kernel and/or driver development.
- C and C++
- Experience of DOORS, RSA, Enterprise Architect, UML and SysML (desirable)
- Excellent general written and verbal communications skills.
- Willing to undergo, and are able to achieve and maintain, SC and/or DV security clearance.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Embedded Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.