|Location: Middlesex, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Senior Embedded Software Engineer needed for a multinational Defence and Electronics organisation based in Middlesex who are looking to employ an experienced Senior Embedded Software Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of Embedded product development, experience of best practice software development processes/lifecycles, and the Defence Industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Embedded Software Engineer will include:
- Architect, specify requirements, design, implement and test C and C++ embedded software in accordance with the project software development process to ensure high quality and timely software deliverables.
- Apply object-oriented design techniques to enable code re-use and integration with testing frameworks
- Review and understand system design artefacts to enable the derivation of software requirements and architecture that meet the high-level system requirements.
- Design, document, review and maintain the software design using modelling tools such as RSA and EA, ensuring model can be used for accurate code generation as required.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of best practice development processes, language standards and tools, e.g. TDD/BDD, Continuous Integration, DevOps, static and run-time analysis tools, C++ standards and secure software development.
- Proposes improvements in tools, processes and techniques that support quality and innovation and make the software development more efficient and effective.
- Actively contribute to and/or lead defined aspects of the project to achieve optimal balance between requirements, schedule and cost.
- Generate and review technical proposals, and provide accurate estimates for the associated effort, costs and risks, for bids and proposals, leading to contract awards.
- Explains technically complex concepts clearly to less technical/involved parties.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
What you need to be the successful Senior Embedded Software Engineer:
In order to be the successful Senior Embedded Software Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Embedded product development (including bare-metal and RTOSes such as ThreadX, QNX or Linux)
- Embedded Linux application, kernel and/or driver development.
- C and C++
- Experience of best practice software development processes/lifecycles
- Experience of Object-Oriented Design and Design Patterns
- Experience of software testing and design for test
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
Desirable skills and experience are as followed:
- Experience of using version control, continuous integration and automated test tools and frameworks
- Exposure to defensive coding techniques and standards such as MISRA
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering practices, methodologies, processes, techniques and technology trends.
- Experience of DOORS, RSA, Enterprise Architect, UML and SysML.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all candidates moving forward for the Senior Embedded Software Engineer position must have obtained or be eligible for Security Clearance up to SC level.