|Location: Newark, Nottinghamshire||Salary: £40000 - £43000 per annum|
|Sector: Construction, Engineering, Highways & Highways Electricals, Utilities & Infrastructure, Rail & Infrastructure, Design||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ashleigh Hicks|
Senior Engineer (Building Structures and Civils)
Up to £42,000 + Excellent Benefits
Great opportunity for a Senior Engineer to work within a consultancy designing structures in steel and concrete.
About the Senior Engineer Role:
* We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our Building Engineering Teams based in Newark developing technical solutions to clients' problems through high quality project delivery.
* Good technical skills are needed as this role will involve working within a team delivering full design services on a range of building development projects.
* This integral role will provide the opportunity to progress and have full visibility of the end to end project life cycle.
* You will be responsible for producing structural designs and calculations for a range of projects in the commercial and industrial building sector.
Aviation Team (but don't need aviation experience although would be great if had it!). Need civils experience (retaining walls etc) as well as structural engineering background.
About the Successful Senior Engineer
* Ideally suitable candidates will have a Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering and possess a minimum of 3 years' experience in a Building Engineering design role working within a consultancy to produce designs suitable for both technical approval and construction.
* Flexibility to produce both structural and civil engineering design associated with building projects would be an advantage.
* You should be recently Chartered of approaching Chartered status with either ICE or IStructE and demonstrate sound technical design skills in building structures and foundations as well as the ability to guide and mentor more junior Engineers and Technicians.
* Experience in the commercial and industrial building sector is preferred as is experience in earthworks retaining structures and drainage design.
* Working knowledge of Tedds, Teklar and MicroDrainage software advantageous.