|Location: Essex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 27 days ago|
Senior Environmental Trials Engineer
Senior Environmental Trials Engineer needed for a leading defence engineering organisation based in Essex who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Environmental Trials Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful Environmental Trials Engineer would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification. Experience wise, we desire a candidate who has dealt with the planning and conducting of environmental testing & trials of engineering systems and equipment to high industry relevant standards e.g. within defence, aerospace, automotive.
If you have a background from the Armed Forces dealing with munitions and explosive ordnance that would be a plus!
Candidates must have access to their own vehicle and a full UK Driving License.
What the role of the Senior Environmental Trials Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Environmental Trials Engineer will include:
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience to conduct the environmental test program requirements against the customer specifications and UKAS quality manual;
- Leading trial set-ups and conduct of environmental test programs in accordance with the customer specifications & working procedures ensuring a compliance with all safety legislation associated with the activities;
- Documentation reviews, data processing and reporting as required in line with customer specifications, support the generation of recovery plans where required and attend customer progress meetings as required;
- Liaise with the planning office and other supporting functions demonstrating ownership to ensure delivery of test programs against contracted milestones;
- Lead tests including the direction of others associated with conducting environmental testing of test assets, and all supporting activities;
- Provide supervision and direction of other team members as required during day to day activities. This should include taking ownership of issues and driving for a resolution calling upon support from more senior members only when necessary;
- Proactively provide training and supervision to develop other team members within your agreed CTCs and identifying opportunities for training;
- Undertake further theoretical education and courses as required to develop your knowledge and experience.
What experience you need to be the successful Senior Environmental Trials Engineer:
- Working knowledge of the environmental engineering Defence Standard, specifically 00-035.
- An understanding of Quality Assurance, external standards, and internal auditing;
- HNC/HND or Degree qualification in a relevant engineering or science subject;
- Ability to effectively communicate and lead with people at different levels, particularly team members;
- Proven track record in one or more areas of Environmental Testing;
- Detailed knowledge and experience of environmental engineering;
- IT Competence;
- Full UK driving license and access to a vehicle full time;
- Must hold or be eligible to attain UK SC Clearance.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Environmental Trials Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply, candidates must possess or be eligible to obtain UK SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.