|Location: Inverness, Highlands||Salary: £24 - £29 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Liberty Hussey|
Senior finance analyst - 12 month contract
Senior finance analyst needed for a leading medical device organisation based in Inverness who are looking to employ an experienced finance analyst on a 12 month contract basis, with an in-depth knowledge of general accounting, inventory and fixed assets.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior finance analyst will include:
* Lead the Fixed Asset reporting for the site ensuring full compliance with WWP (World Wide Procedures).
* WW Business Partner Facilities / Health & Safety / External Ops Engineering & recharge departments supporting any projects and reporting the variances both from manufacturing and departmental expenses.
* Deliver various improvements within the Fixed Asset area for example - how do we make the assets more identifiable within the system when conducting a verification audit and the original project owners have left / reporting improvements.
* Support the systems used for reporting within the site - BPC / TM1 / JDE ERP / Hubble and Bravo.
* Support the implementation of Standardized processes across the Supply Chain Finance group.
* As process owner, build strong communication channels with the business finance teams and operations staff to ensure a full understanding of the Finance processes and timelines.
* Build a strong control environment around the Fixed Assets and as DCM owner of the Fixed Asset cycle ensure that all roles and responsibilities are understood and active for key control areas. Review and improve the current SOP's and Work Instructions supporting the key controls.
* Take the lead to close out any compliance gaps within the Fixed Assets area.
* Ensure accuracy of all entries and Reconciliations in accordance with GAAP, Compliance, Internal Audit and SOX requirements.
* Continuously builds knowledge of the Company-wide processes and understanding of the "bigger picture".
* Ad hoc one time requests.
* Participates in additional projects above and beyond his/her daily activities.
* Ensure strong internal controls are in place, in order to achieve "adequate" internal and external audit ratings.
* Accurate and timely month-end reporting. Meet all corporate and regional deadlines without any rework.
What you need to be the successful Senior finance analyst:
In order to be the successful Senior finance analyst and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Degree level - Connected to business / Finance / Accounting
* Professional Finance Qualification or equivalent Finance Business experience 3-5 years
* Experience in Finance / General Accounting / Inventory / Fixed Assets
* Good technical accounting background
* Knowledge of JDE preferred but not essential, advanced Excel skills required, J&J systems knowledge a plus.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior finance analyst to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.