|Location: Hove, East Sussex||Salary: £40000 - £55000 per annum + benefits|
|Sector: Oil & Gas, Financial Services||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Aaron Stone||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Senior Financial Analyst
Joining one of the worlds largest energy companies, the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for competitive price positioning in the residential supply market. Through the delivery of insight and complex analysis and the determination of a margin strategy, the Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for balancing volume and value delivery.
The Senior Financial Analyst will provide oversight of all key commercial risks to performance and margin delivery. With a strong focus on financial delivery, customers needs and flexible, targeted pricing, the role is instrumental in ensuring the business both remains competitive and delivers against our customers needs and shareholders expectations.
On offer for the Senior Financial Analyst:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- The chance to make key business decisions within a large company
- The chance to manage a team of 2 Analyst's
Working with a number of internal stakeholders, there are a broad range of activities the Senior Financial Analyst will work on:
- Design acquisition and retention price strategies for all fixed tariffs and products in the residential energy market to enable the company to meet its volume and Gross Margin targets.
- Design pricing structures and price energy and non-energy tariffs and products to maximise margin in both the short and long term, for both new and existing customers.
- Own the plan to deliver margin and volume targets, the understanding of key risks and opportunities and developing action plans to manage these.
- Create a residential commercial risk dashboard for the residential customer segment and interface with other Sales & Marketing teams for delivery of this
- Design and operate a forecast process that delivers a forecast of customer accounts.
- Continually improve analysis and reporting that ensures both energy & non-energy sales and margin are fully understood and all risks and opportunities quantified to ensure robust commercial decision making.
- Ensure all legal and compliance requirements are met.
Skills / Experience required for the Senior Financial Analyst:
- Extensive experience and proven delivery in managing financial or commercial targets in a highly regulated environment
- A strong understanding and experience of working with financial data (OPEX/P&L/EBITDA)
- Should be analytical with demonstrable ability in creating and interpreting MI reports and performance data
- Numerate, analytical with commercial acumen, ideally gained in a commercial or financial background
- Proven track record of identifying and achieving sustainable long term deliverables whilst maintaining short-term performance
- Strong knowledge of residential energy supply market (Desirable)
- Strong planning and organisational skills, able to translate business strategies into clear objectives, plans and team priorities
- Able to establish and maintain effective business relationships with key stakeholders at all levels with strong influencing skills
- An education to degree standard or a demonstration of ability to the same level delivered in a working environment
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.