|Location: Croydon, Surrey||Salary: £40000 - £52000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Senior Forecasting Analyst
Senior Forecasting Analyst required to join a leading energy company in the South London area. The Senior Forecasting Analyst will be responsible for minimising the companies imbalance costs and supporting longer term energy hedging by delivering accurate forecasts for customer demand and renewable generation.
The Senior Forecasting Analyst will want to work for this company because:
- On offer is a competitive salary up to £52,000 + Benefits package
- The opportunity to set up a cloud forecasting system
- Migrating from SAS to R - Chance to pick up new skills
- Working for one of the largest data industries
The Senior Forecasting Analyst is expected to:
- Provide timely & accurate forecasts for the companies electricity & gas customers, both demand & renewable generation.
- Design / evolve forecasting models & review / develop efficient operational systems to ensure forecast accuracy.
- Transform use of data & systems in line with the Wholesale Markets Optimisation IT roadmap & support their innovation ambitions.
- Support Sales & Marketing's bidding & contract management activities, for instance by calculating bespoke forecasts, carrying out risk assessments, supporting product development & other activities required to meet stakeholder requirements.
- Provide appropriate information & formal reporting to the Wholesale Markets Optimisation team & the wider business.
Knowledge and skills required of the Senior Forecasting Analyst:
- Displays sound judgement, objectivity, strong commercial awareness & customer focus
- Tailors communication style to present complex ideas
- Uses a range of techniques to influence & challenge business decisions
- Maintains & develops effective business relationships.
- Acts with integrity, confidentiality & prioritises conflicting activities to work effectively under pressure.
- Can use a range of numerical, modelling & analytical techniques, especially relating to time series forecasting.
- IT software including MS Office VBA, database tools / SQL & statistical modelling packages such as SAS & R.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.