|Location: Surrey, England||Salary: £65000 - £75000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Gautam Raval|
Senior Games Programmer
I recruiting for a Senior Games Programmer on behalf of a leading games software house based in the Surrey area who have developed / developing some great titles within the games industry.
Due to continued growth they are looking to hire more Senior Games Programmers to on-board for project based work within games development.
As a Senior Games Programmer you'll be engineering brand new features, from basic prototypes through to robust, reusable systems that underpin all upcoming games.
As a Senior Games Programmer you'll also be crafting realistic and expressive characters, innovative game mechanics and smooth, responsive control systems for a stable of AAA projects.
In other words you'll be playing a key role in developing future games.
Senior Games Programmer Essential Skills:
- Expert in C++ - you've worked with C++ for 5+ years, and contributed to shipped games on PC, console or mobile.
- Leadership - you are comfortable taking responsibility for understanding the technical requirements for the game and coordinating the programming effort in order to meet them.
- Great Communicator - you can talk about your work. You'll be as comfortable specifying a task with designers and collaborating on a shared codebase with engineers as you are taking feedback from directors and producers.
- Practical - sometimes a rapid prototype is needed to quickly test an idea. Other times a mission-critical system needs detailed planning and consultation. You have an instinct for what level of engineering is needed, and you can work efficiently at any level.
- Passion for Games - you've probably been playing games forever. You understand an engaging player experience and are confident reproducing it in code.
Senior Games Programmer Desirable Skills:
- Wide Range of Experience. Knowledge of multiple game systems and their potential advantages and pitfalls. Experience with at least one game engine and associated tools.
- Experience shipping games on console or PC. Detailed knowledge of SDK and technical requirements of Sony PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox One or high-end Windows PC.
- Experience with Virtual or Augmented Reality. How to work with motion controllers and headsets as well as an awareness of how VR changes traditional game mechanics and UI principles. Ideas for maximising the benefits of VR, without being hampered by the constraints.
- Knowledge of animation systems. Using blend trees, state machines and procedural systems to create believable human performances in software.
- Understanding of network coding for multiplayer games. Managing the state of each game object and providing a smooth, glitch-free experience to all clients.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.