|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: about 1 month ago|
Senior Hardware Engineer
6 month initial contract
I am currently looking for a Senior Hardware Engineer on a 6 month contract, joining my client, one of the UK's largest and most succesful companies in the defence/electronics industry.
The Senior Hardware Engineer will be responsible for the Design and Implementation of hardware for secure products within the business.
As a Senior Hardware Engineer, you will join a multi-disciplinary team responsible for technical aspects of large and complex design tasks; these may be multi-disciplinary.
Hourly rate for this Senior Hardware Engineer position will be discussed upon application. All succesful candidates must be eligible for Security Clearance.
Key Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for Senior Hardware Engineer:
- Understands a variety of engineering methods and techniques; applies and adapts these as necessary to create solutions.
- Fully proficient in the full life cycle of Hardware development demonstrated on more than one project.
- Proven experience with System Engineering design methodologies, e.g. the 'V' Model.
- Experience in schematic capture.
- Proficient in Verification.
- Competent in power supply design.
- Experience in digital electronics and digital logic design.
- Understands signal integrity problems and can select appropriate terminations.
- Can analyse performance across process, voltage and temperature variations.
- Understands best practice for EMC and TEMPEST - both design and test.
- Experience in analogue electronics.
- Experience in developing military equipment.
- Experience in developing UK High Grade Crypto products.
- Experience in high-speed digital design (e.g. Double Data-Rate (DDR) interfaces, high speed analog-to-digital converters
All applicants for the Senior Hardware Engineer position must be eligible for SC clearance.