|Location: London, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: James Giblin|
Hardware Engineer needed for a leading Defence and Maritime organisation based in London who are looking to employ an experienced Hardware Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of electronic design, schematic design, PCB layout, MATLAB and CAD.
The successful Hardware Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 day's holiday + bank holiday's
- Career Progression
- Health insurance
- Life assurance
- Car allowance
- And many more
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Hardware Engineer will include:
- Working with the Project Engineering Lead to deliver engineering tasks.
- Support of the engineering department to ensure that both project and statutory requirements are met.
- Help to improve the effectiveness of the electronic design function within the company.
- Be involved in the complete project life cycle from concept through to production
- Help developing the next generation of surveillance Sonar
What you need to be the successful Hardware Engineer:
In order to be the successful Hardware Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in an electronic or related discipline.
- Demonstrable experience of electronics design in the defence industry or other relevant environment.
- Experience in electronic design including schematic design and PCB layout.
- Experience in the definition, design prototyping and commissioning of electrical subsystems including PCBs, Electronics racks / cabinets, cables and other electronic assemblies.
- Experience of component selection and an understanding of associated issues to include obsolescence.
- Ability to write clear, concise, well structured, technical documents
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail and good concentration skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Logical, analytical approach to problem-solving.
- The successful applicant must be capable of achieving security (SC) clearance as a minimum.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Hardware Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!