|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: £40000 - £46000 per annum + comprehensive benefits package|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Senior Hardware Engineer required for one of world's leading and most successful defence companies, based in Greenford. My best client is looking for someone who has experience of being responsible for complex design and development tasks within an engineering background.
This is a fantastic permanent opportunity for an established and professional Hardware Engineer, looking to take their career to the next level! On offer is a highly competitive salary of £40,000 - £46,000, including a comprehensive benefits package (please see below).
The successful candidate will have experience of both analogue and digital component selection, as well as experience of schematic capture and design for EMC and TEMPEST.
My client are one of the leading companies within the UK defence industry, a leader within secure communications and data information assurance, and are looking for the highest calibre, and most skilled engineers to join their growing team.
Candidates for this opportunity must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
Benefits package for Senior Hardware Engineer position:
- Matched 5% pension
- 25 days' holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Private medical insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Dental insurance
- Critical illness cover
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required for Senior Hardware Engineer:
- Analogue and digital component selection, circuit designs incorporating DAC, ADC, FPGA, memory, processors, power supplies, op-amps, passive filters.
- Schematic capture of complex circuits (Mentor PADs).
- Familiar with power supply topologies.
- Worked closely with PCB layout engineer and familiar with PCB constraints (rules/classes/groups).
- Worked closely with mechanical design engineer to specify PCB fixing, wiring and thermal design features.
- Experience with a range of test equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyser, spectrum analyser).
- Circuit analysis (de-rating, power, thermal, stability)
- Understands the importance of signal integrity and can select appropriate terminations.
- Support lead engineer to propose hardware architecture to meet requirements.
- Hardware simulation tools to verify circuit parameters (SPICE, Hyperlynx).
- Authored wide range of documents (design descriptions, verification plans, test reports).
- Design for EMC and TEMPEST, resolve conflicting requirements based on electromagnetic theory.
- Understands EMC and TEMPEST test techniques, methods and can design suitable test harnesses.
- Propose/optimise multi-layer PCB stack-up design.
- Understands electronic assembly failure modes and investigatory techniques.
- Designed products which operate in a wide temperature range and high vibration/shock environments.
- Worked closely with software and firmware disciplines to get first-off/initial designs working and resolve issues.
To apply for this exciting permanent opportunity as a Senior Hardware Engineer please press 'apply now'.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.