|Location: Farnborough, Hampshire||Salary: £55000 - £60000 per annum + comprehensive benefits package|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Senior Hardware RF and Microwave Design Engineer required for one of world's leading and most successful defence and aerospace companies, based in Farnborough. My client are leading the way within Electronic Warfare Simulation, and are looking for the highest calibre candidates to join their growing team!
This is a fantastic permanent opportunity for an established and professional Senior Hardware RF and Microwave Design Engineer looking to take their career to the next level! On offer is a highly competitive salary of £55,000 - £60,000, including a comprehensive benefits package (please see below).
My client are one of the leading companies within the UK defence and aerospace industry, and are established in the radar threat and ECM simulator business, and has a well-proven and distinguished track record world-wide. The success of the company has been through the supply of high quality products together with a total commitment to post sales service and logistic support!
Candidates for this opportunity must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
Benefits package for Project Manager position:
- Matched 5% pension
- 25 days' holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Private medical insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Dental insurance
- Critical illness cover
Key Responsibilities for Senior Hardware, RF and Microwave Design Engineer:
- In support of proposals, to be responsible for ensuring that the RF performance of systems offered to customers will be met by the delivered product, through detailed understanding of the requirements, creative solutions and accurate RF modelling of the proposed system.
- In support of project management, to provide accurate estimates of effort and materials needed and to meet those estimates in practice.
- In support of systems engineering, to provide expert guidance on the best solutions to meet the required RF performance, to produce RF schematics from component to system level, to identify, define and write specifications for the necessary RF parts and their interfaces, to write the RF design documents and to present those at internal and customer design reviews.
- In support of mechanical design and assembly, to provide guidance on the layout, interfacing and environments necessary to ensure that the RF parts are optimally configured for assembly, maintenance and long life whilst meeting the required performance.
- In support of systems integration and test, to provide expert support in resolving RF problems with products and guidance in the optimal use of sophisticated RF test equipment as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for Senior Hardware, RF and Microwave Design Engineer:
- A strong and practical background in designing RF systems (DC-40GHz), ideally for EW/radar applications, is required. This includes having a detailed understanding of RF components and their interfaces, sufficient to select these from suppliers, to design and integrate them into circuits and to commission custom and integrated parts where appropriate.
- Most of our RF design work is carried out using Keysight Genesys for system, component and EM simulation and Altium Designer software for schematic capture and PCB layout. Testing is carried out using high end RF test equipment such as spectrum analysers, power meters, frequency counters, oscilloscopes and phase network analysers. Expertise in all of these tools is required.
- Knowledge of radar and related electronic warfare RF systems, particularly RWR/ELINT receivers, DRFM-based jammers/target generators, up/down converters, filters, frequency synthesisers, TWTAs, antennas, photonic systems, DC/low frequency analogue electronics, digital hardware such as control circuitry and embedded microcontrollers would be advantageous.
- Experience of producing well-formed requirements and design documentation is also required. Requirements management and documentation are carried out using DOORS and experience of this software is an advantage.
- Competency in standard engineering principles, practices and tools is assumed, as is a working knowledge of European standards such as CE marking and RoHS.
To apply for this exciting permanent opportunity please press 'apply now'!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.