|Location: Oxfordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Utilities & Infrastructure, Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ashleigh Hicks|
Senior Highways Engineer / Technician
This is a permanent position within our Highway Engineering team
The successful Snr Highways Engineer / Technician will work in a team that undertakes the following tasks:
* Site appraisals, feasibility studies and pre-application advice
* Design of roads, junctions and drainage
* Production of pre and post-planning technical reports
* Junction capacity modelling
* Road Safety Auditing
* Utility Assessments
The team is highly motivated and committed to the delivery of successful projects for our clients. This ethos has resulted in an expanding workload and the requirement for another capable and experienced Engineer / Technician. A suitable candidate will enjoy their work and the challenges provided by our clients.
Relevant skills & experience for the successful Senior Highways Engineer / Technician
* Minimum 5 years' experience working in a transport planning / engineering design consultancy
* Able to deal with clients and interface with consultancy design and construction teams utilising competent communication skills both orally and in writing
* Technical and computing ability to produce horizontal and vertical highways design
* Strong self-motivation and initiative
* Familiarity of highway planning procedures, including Section 38 / 278 Agreements, UK design principles and standards including MfS and DMRB
* An ability to follow instructions and to work well with others as part of a team
* Knowledge of procedures relating to TROs and Road Safety Audits etc.
* Good commercial awareness
* Applicants should be qualified with an appropriate Engineering degree and already be / or working toward Incorporated or Chartered status
About the job Senior Highways Engineer / Technician role
* The role will be varied and all-encompassing and will include a mix of hands-on highways design work and technical support to other members of the in-house team.
* Candidates must have detailed design experience and a solid background in highway construction projects.
* You will be able to review and take responsibility for issuing design drawings and have the seniority to liaise effectively with clients, other members of the professional team, Local Authorities and contractors.
* Remuneration and training
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.