|Location: City of London, London||Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Human Factors||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Senior Human Factors Consultant
£45,000 - £55,000
Due to a very busy workload we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Human Factors Consultant in London.
We are looking for someone with experience in a Consultancy environment working around the human behaviour elements of Human Factors, someone that understands its value within the design process and who can contribute to the companies development in the coming years.
You will be responsible for consulting on a variety of projects from transport infrastructure to healthcare, you will be working alongside colleagues in the design team and a mix of disciplines within the end client's own engineering teams.
We are looking for:
- Someone with a background in Human Behavioural sciences and design - this could be ergonomics, human factors or psychology.
- We would also be interested in people from disciplines such as service design, industrial design or UX but we would be looking for skills around the human behavioural side.
- Experience in two key areas: Transport (in particular, Rail) and Healthcare/Medical. You should have worked in at least one of these to be able to fulfill this post at a Senior level.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of Human Factors within the design process and bringing a good knowledge of user research and testing methods.
- A keen interest and understanding of bringing Human Factors thinking into projects around wayfinding and workspace design.
- Good client-facing and project management skills.
- Someone who welcomes variety in the work they do and is prepared to work autonomously but also come together in teams when needed.
- Delivery of Human Factors & design research skills to understand users and their behaviours
- Participate in and lead user-centred design projects
- Working with designers to articulate user needs from a Human Factors standpoint
- Conducting user trials
- Project management of small to medium sized programmes
- Human Factors and Ergonomics consulting
- Ethnographic and design research methods
- Integration of Human Factors into design & engineering projects
- Application of Human Factors to transport and healthcare / medical technology projects
We pride ourselves on our work of integrating Human Factors and an understanding of behaviour into designing things, spaces and services.
Our focus is to show empathy to all users and ensure that better design delivers their needs.
This work could be across many different sectors from Transport to Energy, Healthcare, Security and Sports.