|Location: Central Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £56000 - £66000 per annum|
|Sector: Human Factors||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Senior Human Factors Engineer.
Perm staff position.
£56,000 - £66,000 + Benefits.
This position requires UK SC clearance which dictates we can only consider UK Passport holders.
We have a new vacancy open for an experienecd Human Factors Engineer to work with a major Defence Industry client within their exisiting Human Factors Team.
We are looking for people with experience of:
- User centred design.
- Management of HF issues and risks.
- Undertaking HF analyses, such as task analysis, error analysis, workload assessment.
- Undertaking user trials and gathering user feedback.
- Analysing trial data and user feedback.
- Writing HF design documents, including HFIP, style guide and analysis reports.
- Using HF Defence Standards.
Skills required: (We are not expecting a tick for every item!)
- Communicate effectively with people that may be from outside the Human Factors domain, including users and customers.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Direct own tasks within overall project direction.
- Be an advocate for Human Factors within the engineering process.
- Use user feedback and trials evidence to contribute to design development.
- Develop solutions to address Human Factors design issues.
- Balance needs of the user within the design constraints.
- Record and track the HF contribution to the design process.
- Present data clearly and concisely in technical reports.
- Graphical User Interface and Human Computer Interaction design and evaluation.
- Undertaking role of HF Lead for design of safety critical systems.
- Use of CAD software including human modelling tools, such as JACK.
- Use of HCI design software, such as Axure.
- Undertaking quantitative human error analysis.
- Using Defence Standard 00-251, Military Standard 1472H, and ISO standards.
- Design of Air Traffic Control and Air Defence systems.
- Design of military vehicles.
- Design of weapons systems.
- Applying UX methodologies, such as personas, task journeys, and rapid prototyping.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.