|Location: Warrington||Salary: + Benefits|
|Sector: Human Factors||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Senior Human Factors Engineer.
Sellafield / Cumbria / North West or Home Based
£60.000 - £65.000
We are looking for an enthusiastic, talented Senior Human Factors specialist who is experienced integrating and applying Human Factors methods in a safety critical environment.
This position will suit someone who has a track record of successful technical delivery of projects, who can work as part of a team to deliver safety-based solutions and have the confidence to promote Human Factors best practice.
This particular role is working at the forefront of nuclear research & development in the UK and beyond with a wide range of projects that require creative Human Factors support. There will also be an opportunity to apply and shape Human Factors practice in the nuclear industry and contribute to research in this area.
The team you will join is a dedicated, hard-working group who are passionate about the work they do.
The company fully support working flexibly, can accommodate homeworking, and can be flexible about location, although some travel will be necessary, to support business needs.
* You can apply Human Factors methods in a wide variety of circumstances because you are up to date with developments in methodology and approach.
* You can lead technical delivery of projects to meet customer requirements.
* You are experienced in providing support to multi-disciplinary teams addressing safety challenges, including support and development of junior colleagues.
* You can manage and maintain the relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* You can provide support to bid related activity.
* You will use your creativity and initiative to develop new capabilities for the Human Factors team, through innovative approaches that include being the technical lead on complex R&D projects and submissions.
* You will be interested in developing the Human Factors team through mentoring and supervision. You can design and deliver specialist Human Factors training within the team and across the business more widely.
Qualifications & Experience
* Degree qualified or equivalent level of demonstrable technical capability in a Human Factors related role.
* Extensive experience in applying Human Factors methods and support.
* Considerable experience in the field of Human Factors, gained in the UK.
* Proven ability to act independently, under own initiative, while also supervising other members of the team
* Strong communication skills, including remote working.
* Excellent teamworking skills, with ability to inspire the work of a team
* Security Cleared to at least SC level, or able to achieve (UK Passport Holder)
Additional Desirable Skills:
* Detailed knowledge of advanced Human Factors techniques
* Experienced in mentoring and developing technical skills.
* Preferably Chartered Membership of a professional institution.
* Excellent networking skills, maintaining network across the Human Factors field nationally.
* You might have membership of relevant national industry group(s).
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.