|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Human Factors||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 17 days ago|
Senior Human Factors Engineer
Excellent Salary and Benefits package (details provided on application)
Portsmouth / Havant / Fareham / Southampton / Chichester commutable.
We are looking for a talented Senior/Principal Human Factors Engineer to join our clients User Experience team within the R&D function.
This is a hands-on position that contributes collaboratively with key partners to develop design strategies. Our client has embarked on a growth plan to build a world class design competency within the organisation and this position would be great for an enthusiastic Human Factors Engineer who can help grow the department's capabilities whilst delivering breakthrough design solutions.
This position will focus primarily on Experience Design (Usability or User Research) programs.
- An Excellent Base Salary!
- 25 days annual leave
- 8 Bank holidays (subject to T&Cs)
- Free on-site parking
- On-site subsidised canteen
- Wellbeing events
- Employee assistance program
- 3 x Basic salary life assurance
- Long service award
- Pension scheme
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Computer Purchase Scheme
- Dental Insurance
- Medical Cash Plan
- Various Discounts (online and high street)
Are you a dynamic Human Factors Engineer?
Are you interested in contributing to a number of projects at once?
Do you enjoy being hands-on, working collaboratively in a small but very focussed team?
Would you enjoy working in an environment that is building the competencies of Human Factors within a business?
The client believes in working through design problems in group situations, so facilitating group discussions and concept generation with others is important. You'll also be comfortable having your work reviewed, and collaborating closely with Designers and Product Engineers.
You will have proven experience working in a product development environment seeing products from design through to manufacture.
You will have excellent project management and leadership skills, an enthusiastic 'hands-on' approach, and exceptional attention to detail.
A good listener and a quick learner, you have the ability to quickly fit into a new environment, engage easily with others, and motivate them to achieve results.
Experience in defining and evaluating holistic user experiences.
Candidates should have the passion and potential to work across a breadth of sectors and project types as well as depth of interest and skills in a particular area; such as data analysis, ethnography, synthesis and visualization, prototyping, UX design or software development.
Experience / Background:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Factors, Ergonomics, Psychology or related disciplines (Industrial Design, Experience Design, Interaction Design)
- Use of user-centred design methodologies and exposure to Human Factors research techniques
- Previous relevant experience of Product Design or New Product Development
- Strong hands-on design development experience as well as a cross functional leadership experience
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- An intuitive understanding of mechanical engineering - the ability to devise clever mechanical solutions for complex problems
- A creative and considered approach to problem solving, adhering to clear design processes.
- An understanding of practical and methodical design development through prototyping and testing
- Enthusiasm to initiate, facilitate and participate in creative thinking sessions, workshops and training events