|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: Benefits|
|Sector: Human Factors, Nuclear||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Senior Human Factors Consultant
£45,000 - £55,000 + Benefits Package.
- Undertaking human factors assessments in support of hazard analysis and safety justification
- Undertaking human factors design activities in support of design and engineering
- Experience in a high hazard industry, ideally working across a variety of projects in the nuclear industry.
- Experienced in: HFI planning and management, HRA/Error techniques, Anthropometrics, Equipment and facility design and assessment, Developing and preparing Human Factors documentation for projects in support of project deliverables and ALARP justifications, Co-ordinating production of HF submissions to projects
- Knowledge and ideally, experience of working within the UK Nuclear Regulatory framework, safety management and provision of specialist advice
- Experienced in managing teams to deliver large, technically complex, fit for purpose human factors deliverables
- Provision of leadership in key technical areas of human factors and to drive innovation and value added activities
- Experience in the mentoring, training and development of more junior staff
Providing the Human Factors input to design projects, ensuring that nuclear safety requirements are incorporated
- Preparing and agreeing Human Factors Integration Plans
- Managing delivery for the work undertaken within their agreed remit against cost and programme to the satisfaction of the Key Stakeholders
- Producing, verifying, and approving calculations, analyses, design basis documentation and technical reports
- Acting as the Point of Contact for the Key Stakeholders, ensuring adequate communication between the Engineering Team, Construction, Operators, Safety Assessors, Site Safety Case Managers and other Stakeholders
- Participating in Hazard Identification studies
- Co-ordinating production of the Human Factors deliverables
- Review and approval of design changes, concessions and technical queries
- Managing project risks by closing out Human Factors items on the Technical Issues and Risk Register Database.
- Raising quality plans for single discipline work packages
- Producing, verifying, and approving technical Scopes of Work, assessing tender returns, then verifying/assessing and/or approving the outputs to ensure that the requirements of the design sub-contract are met
- Feeding back lessons learnt for use on future stages of the current project and other projects
- Reviewing bids and designs
- Developing bids for Human Factors related support
- Developing sections for Human Factors work as part of multidisciplinary bids.
- Producing estimates for bids
- Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Ergonomics, Human Factors or Applied Psychology
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.