|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent Benefits Package|
|Sector: Human Factors, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Senior Human Factors Engineer
Senior Human Factors Consultant needed who is able to demonstrate success working in a human factors related consultancy. We are looking for an outstanding consultant to help grow our Human Factors team. Based out of the Bristol office the work is varied and includes providing solutions in safety culture, physical ergonomics, usability, human factors engineering, as well as training services to clients. Any experience of the maritime environment would be highly desirable.
Salary £45,000 - £50,000
25 days holiday
This role entails
- Performing assessments and provide solutions to requests from internal and external clients, within the specialist discipline of Human Factors and Ergonomics.
- Supporting internal / external sales and marketing activities within the specialist discipline of Human Factors and Ergonomics.
- Perform human factors technical assessments and provide specialist advice to clients according to agreed scope, budget and contract within consultancy projects.
- To produce, discuss and present deliverables with the internal / external client at a senior level and be able to suggest alternative solutions where appropriate.
- Client liaison and management - to diagnose clients' needs, offering tailored technical solutions and adding value. Ensuring proposals are budgeted and resourced, noting any commercial aspects of the contract, with no compromise on safety or quality.
- To undertake project management where applicable including monitoring project progress and spend against budget and contract requirements.
- To mentor / coach other technical employees to achieve effective technical knowledge transfer and application and to review other employees' work as requested.
- Support in the development and maintenance of human factors-related marketing materials.
- To pursue Continuous Professional Development and maintain a high degree of discipline knowledge and awareness.
To fulfil this role, you will have;
- Practical work experience in a Human Factors-related discipline, ideally in at least one or more of the following areas: Safety, Organisational Psychology, Ergonomics, Human Factors Integration.
- Experience in Training and Competency Assurance.
- A degree or equivalent within a human factors related discipline (e.g. Ergonomics, Psychology, Organisational Culture, Ergonomics).
- Great organisational skills and be prepared to work autonomously and as part of the human factors team, as well working within wider multi-disciplinary teams and occasionally within our clients' own teams.
- The ability to travel regularly to meet the requirements of our clients.
- An eye for developing new opportunities and building relationships with clients.
- Eligibility for UK SC Clearance.
- The successful candidate will be experienced in consulting and should be able to demonstrate excellent technical skills, good client-facing and project management skills.
If you are someone who welcomes variety in your work and relishes the opportunity to take on new challenges, work hard and have a desire to keep learning and growing throughout your career then this role is perfect for you.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.