|Location: Essex, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence, IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: Dependent Upon Experience + Package
Key Skills: Infrastructure Engineer, Risk, VMWare, Active Directory, SCCM, SCOM, HP Server, Citrix, vSphere, Data Centre Management, Project Management, Security, Microsoft
An experienced Infrastructure Engineer is required to play a key role in being responsible for the design, management, maintenance and upkeep of the core Data Centres and information systems. This is a critical role, requiring a technical expert who is able to manage complex projects and deliver key infrastructure upgrades and services autonomously and in a team.
Working from site, this is a truly fantastic opportunity for the right person. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please read on!
So, what will you be doing as an Infrastructure Engineer?
- Responsible for the agile delivery of reliable, secure and cost-effective IT infrastructure
- To play a key role in operation Data Centre projects and activities ensuring they meet all planned requirements
- Drives the continuous improvement ethos within the team
- Closely works with senior management in advising, influencing and determining strategic business needs
- Planning and executing of maintenance and remediation of security vulnerabilities
- Deliver cross functional improvement projects
- Manage incidents, problems and changes to the service efficiency
- Proactively identify and manage risk via the IT Risk Management process
What are we looking for in our next Infrastructure Engineer?
- Degree Educated in a STEM Discipline
- Possess a strong knowledge of Data Centre Management - Power, cooling as well as design and implantation of infrastructure, maintenance and operations
- Hold technical certifications in: HP Server, VMWare, Microsoft Server, SCCM, Citrix, Active Directory, SCOM
- Have an expert knowledge in the implantation, support and administration of Microsoft Windows Server (2008/2012/2016)
- Posses expertise in VMWare ESX 5.5/6+ and vSphere
- Have demonstratable expertise in Windows Active Directory
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Infrastructure Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Infrastructure Engineer, hit that apply button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy