|Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire||Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: James Giblin|
Senior Inspector needed for an Aerospace client based in Stevenage who are looking to employ an experienced Senior Inspector who has experience with completing inspections using Coordinate Measurement Machines.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for carrying out the inspection of models (assemblies, sub-assemblies and individual components) in accordance with the specification given in the route cards, service requests or supervisory instructions.
- Conduct Optical Tracking inspections, snapping scans to models and reporting using 3D Scanner software.
- Assist with the scheduling of inspection work to meet agreed project resource plans, with regular communication of schedules to the Model Manufacturing Centre (MMC) Team Leader and other Section Leaders.
- Raise Concession Reports for submission and approval to Customers.
- Monitor the progress and conduct training, as appropriate, of newly inducted or trainee members of the section.
- Lead the technical development of the inspection capability including the inspection aspects of customer proposals.
- Actively seek opportunities for Continuous Improvement of inspection procedures.
- Maintain an inspection log.
In order to be the successful Senior Inspector and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering or similar qualification
- 4 - 6 years' experience using hand held metrology instruments, precision CMM and Optical Scanning Systems.
- Technical experience with optical tracking and 3DScanner software and methodology.
- Experience in programming CMM using PCDMIS software (ideally including 2018 version)
- Able to analyze CAD, manipulate datum's and alignments for part inspection.
- Able to produce and analyze inspection results of model assemblies to determine any errors and recommend viable solutions in order to meet customers' requirements.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications such as Word and Excel, in order to plan/schedule project inspections and create reports using ARA templates.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Inspector to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!