|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ashleigh Hicks|
Intelligent Mobility and ITS Lead
£53,000 - £57,000
This role will help lead, grow and support our client's Intelligent Mobility services in our West region and will connect across the business's Intelligent Mobility national and international community
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a passionate, commercially aware Intelligent Mobility leader with sound technical knowledge to be an integral part of our Intelligent Mobility
We currently have an opportunity to help lead the further development of an expanding Intelligent Mobility project portfolio in the Region and nationally.
This leadership role is intended to coordinate and optimise their technical delivery across a range of Advisory and Infrastructure Design projects, blending a forward look in this fast-moving segment of the industry with robust delivery of ongoing infrastructure works.
The position will involve the provision of technical consultancy and strategic advice to clients.
It will involve working with team members to design, develop and deliver innovative solutions within agreed timescales and budgets.
Responsibilities will include a variety of roles including technical delivery, data analysis, report writing and supporting work winning with the Business Lead.
Ideally based in their Bristol office, the role would be joining a team of 800+ designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists in our West region.
They have 300+ staff in our buoyant Bristol office, a location recently voted the best place to live in the UK.
What you'll be doing -
* Contribute to, and help expand the Intelligent Mobility business, looking for business development opportunities and winning work in this field.
* Responsible for managing delivery of Advisory service projects and ITS elements of larger infrastructure design projects based in the West of the UK
* Act as an integrator and collaborator between our highways, rail, aviation and intelligent mobility teams across the UK
* Contribute to client accounts and business development activity working with clients to understand their needs and form compelling proposals for consultancy services.
* Develop and build strong client relationships and command the confidence of others, internally and externally.
* Manage projects, commercials and multidisciplinary teams.
What we look for in you
The candidate should have experience of leading and delivering complex intelligent mobility projects
Management consultancy / research advice to such clients.
Collaboration and the ability to integrate project teams and disciplines are key skills in this role.
The successful candidate needs:
* To be able to demonstrate strong client relations and have a track record of delivering innovative projects.
* From a technical perspective, the successful candidate will have demonstrable discipline expertise and thought leadership in a number of the following areas:
* Intelligent Mobility
* Delivery of ITS in a Design and Build Environment
* Connected and autonomous vehicles and related highways design / infrastructure
* Electric vehicles
* Tolling and road user charging (and the linkage to economics and social acceptance issues)
* Real-time traveller information
* Smart ticketing
* Traffic control centres
* Tunnel operations
* Excellent client management skills
* Business Development and Tendering experience
* Promoting the specialist skills as a differentiator in the market
* Providing an aspirational role model for more junior people
* Supporting creativity and innovation in teams
* Building special skills in the company by recruiting and developing others
* Developing individuals in their technical specialisation
* An appropriate university degree or equivalent qualification.
* Chartered member of an appropriate professional body e.g. IET or equivalent is essential.
Knowledge and Experience:
* Significant experience within specialist field such as Electromobility, Connected Autonomous Vehicles or Road User Charging.
* Experience of responsibility for projects or significant self-contained pieces of work
* Experience of medium term look ahead in planning working
* Strong knowledge of ITS systems and technology
* Focussed on client and project outcomes
* Project management experience
* Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills
* Ability to understand complex issues and capture client requirements
* Experience in supporting bidding and business development activities
* Commitment to continuous professional development
* Experience of leading a discipline, team or small group/function
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.