|Location: Farnborough, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Financial Services||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: David Morris||Job Published: 22 days ago|
Senior Internal Auditor needed at a multinational Defence Technology company based in Farnborough.
This role will join a team of 3 full time senior internal auditors who focus on risks in the business and then provide assurance to the board. Areas of the business you will be involved in include but are not limited to - recruitment, HR, international, new business integration, payments and expenses.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the delivery of a portfolio of risk-based audit activities including system reviews and project audits as well as operational audits. This role has a high level of autonomy and therefore requires strong relationship management skills as it requires exposure to stakeholders across all levels of the organisation.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Professional presence and strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Understanding of internal audit methodology.
- Understanding of risk and controls and be able to articulate this with non-internal audit professionals.
- Commitment to ethical behaviour and the ability to maintain objectivity.
- Enthusiastic, confident and a team player with a flexible and positive approach to work
- Attention to detail with strong analytic and organizational skills whilst combining with the ability to see the 'big picture'.
- Good understanding of business process and the ability to problem solve/recommend solutions.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, able to work independently and productively with minimal supervision.
- Recent internal audit (Including Financial, operational and project) risk management or other assurance related experience
- Professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, IIA or equivalent)
- Undertake a portfolio of audits and other assurance activities as directed by the Group Head of Internal Audit, taking them from planning to finish.
- Working as part of the team in the ongoing development and application of the risk-based audit methodology and GIA activity.
- Participating in assurance activities to assess the management and control of risk, using established risk-based audit methodologies, identifying control weaknesses and suggesting practical process/control improvements.
- Ensuring that all work undertaken meets agreed timescales and complies with required IIA and other quality requirements.
- Work as part of the team to deliver other ad-hoc activities e.g. Committee reporting, follow-up of recommendations.
- Maintaining effective relationships across the business including dealing confidently with senior management and ability to influence them to drive change.
What to do Next
This is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced Auditing professional within a very exciting multinational company. If this role looks of interest to you then please click the apply button or contact Dave directly.