|Location: London, England||Salary: £30000 - £33000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Gautam Raval||Job Published: about 1 month ago|
Senior Network Engineer
Salary: £30,000- £33,000
Our client is a leading Construction Firm, based in London, looking for a Senior Network Engineer. As the Senior Network Engineer, you will work as part of the IT Service Engineering team as a technical lead across all office and project sites, delivering support to the business and building strong working relationships with key business users to win work and deliver profitable projects.
As a Senior Network Engineer you must have experience of setting up networks from scratch as well as experience of setting up networks at external project sites.
- Competitive salary
- Competitive Family Friendly Policies
- Private medical cover
- Pension matching scheme
- Discount on selected retailers and gyms
- Voluntary benefits such as; cycle to work, child care vouchers
Some of the main duties of the Senior Network Engineer will include:
- Assist the Service Engineers to ensure that IT Service Support for all locations is provided in a timely and efficient manner
- Embrace a culture of continued improvement and quality
- Point of contact for incidents which are beyond Engineering Team capability
- Escalate any major incidents immediately using the major incident process flow
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot end user hardware and software, networked peripheral devices as well as networking software products In line with Group IT best practice encompassing standard and non-standard hardware and software policy and procedure
- To preserve the security of company systems and data
- Follow business protocols and keep up to date records
- To act as technical escalation, point for new or less experienced members of the team
- Present a good image of Group IT at all times and be a role model for the IT Service Engineering Team
- Make technical recommendations to IT Service Engineering Team Leader (LSE) to enhance service delivery
- Stand in for IT Service Engineering Team Leader (LSE) in times of absence as required
- Subject matter expert in area of expertise
Skills and qualifications of the Senior Network Engineer will include:
- ITIL V3
- SCCM scripting, packaging and deployment
- Group policy Management- 3 years
- Customer service IT support environment- 3 years
- Experience of 2nd / 3rd line technical support.
- Group Policy management experience.
- SCCM scripting, packaging and deployment experience.
- Self-motivated and effective time management skills including willingness to learn new skills and take the lead when required
- Ability to coach and mentor
- Ability to think creatively and to problem solve
- Strong customer focus and build a culture of excellent customer service
- Considerable experience in a customer service IT Support environment
Additional requirements of the role:
- Must be able and willing to travel throughout the UK. There may be occasions where engineers may be required to travel to Europe and overseas.
- This role will involve a high level of manual handling, moving IT equipment from floor to floor and working in confined space.
- Must hold a full and valid UK driving license