|Location: City of London, London||Salary: £28000 - £33000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Gautam Raval||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Senior IT Service Engineer
My client based in the City of London are recruiting for a Senior IT Service Engineer.
As a Senior IT Service Engineer you will be working within the IT team who offer 1st and 2nd line support across all offices as well as external projects.
As a Senior IT Service Engineer you will deliver support to the business and build strong working relationships with key business users.
Senior IT Service Engineer Benefits
- Competitive family friendly Policies
- Private medical cover
- Pension matching scheme
- Discount on selected retailers and gyms
- Voluntary benefits such as; cycle to work, child care vouchers
Senior IT Service Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Assist the Service Engineers to ensure that IT Service Support for all locations is provided in a timely and efficient manner
- Embrace a culture of continued improvement and quality
- Point of contact for incidents which are beyond Engineering Team capability
- Escalate any major incidents immediately using the major incident process flow
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot end user hardware and software, networked peripheral devices as well as networking software products In line with Group IT best practice
- To preserve the security of company systems and data
- Follow business protocols and keep up to date records
- To act as technical escalation point for new or less experienced members of the team
- Subject matter expert in area of expertise
Senior IT Service Engineer Qualifications
- ITIL V3
Senior IT Service Engineer Skills & Experiences
- Planning and organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience of 2nd / 3rd line technical support.
- Group Policy Management 3 years
- Customer service IT Support environment 3 years
- SCCM scripting, packaging and deployment experience.
- Self-motivated and effective time management skills including willingness to learn new skills and take the lead when required
- Ability to coach and mentor
- Ability to think creatively and to problem solve
- Strong customer focus and build a culture of excellent customer service
- Considerable experience in a customer service IT Support environment
Senior IT Service Engineer Additional requirements of the role
- Must be able and willing to travel throughout the UK. There may be occasions where engineers may be required to travel to Europe and overseas.
- This role will involve a high level of manual handling, moving IT equipment from floor to floor and working in confined space.
- Must hold a full and valid UK driving license