|Location: Weymouth||Salary: £20 - £50 per hour|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Senior IT Systems Engineer
24 Week Contract
Rate - Please discuss at application stage
Senior IT Systems Engineer needed for a leading Defence & Aerospace organisation based in Weymouth. My client is looking to employ an experienced IT Systems Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of Third Line Support, Microsoft Windows, UNIX, LINUX, VAX and SUN.
Some of the main duties of the Senior IT Systems Engineer will include:
* Install, configure, maintain and document: firewalls, encryption devices, network infrastructure, NAS/SAN systems, create master server, desktop and laptop builds for roll out.
* Install, configure, maintain and document all backup software used within the business on Microsoft Windows, UNIX, LINUX, VAX and SUN appropriate updates, create and maintain backup policies and ensure that any escalated Backup or Restore issues are dealt with and if necessary escalate to the IT Manager or raise calls with the manufacturer.
* Evaluate, recommend and specify the appropriate software, network equipment, server, laptop and desktop configurations
* To be conversant with IT security and provide support including documentation of Risk Management and Accreditation Documentation Set (RMADS) to MoD standards on Company Infrastructure, Firewall, E-Mail and Internet components.
* To oversee the day to day operations of the IT Helpdesk, assign calls, provide 3rd line support and assist where call escalation is required.
What you need to be the successful Senior IT Systems Engineer:
In order to be the successful IT Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Ability to work flexible hours
* Must be able to work under own initiative
* Minimum of 5 years' experience within an IT Support function
* Experience with MS Active Directory (2012R2), MS Exchange 2013, Linux Administration, Cisco ASA or similar
* NVQ/HND in Computing or Engineering-based discipline
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an IT Systems Engineer. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.