|Location: West London, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 15 days ago|
Senior IT Technician
Senior IT Technician needed for a multinational financial organisation based in West London who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Senior IT Technician that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of development using Windows Client OS's & Applications (Win 7 - Win 10 / Office 365 etc.), Windows Server Technology (2008R2 - 2016), Hyper-V, Active Directory administration and WAN / LAN / WIFI and TCP/IP.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 4x your annual salary in life assurance
- Flexible benefits package (retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
- Scope for career progression
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior IT Technician will include:
- Provide a consistently high quality and professional customer service to the Business in all areas of IT.
- Maintaining and updating the company's existing system documentation, procedures and user guides
- Monitoring and taking ownership of tickets queues in the call logging system for:
- Hardware including Servers, PC's, laptops, printers and mobile devices
- Software including but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite, Desktop OS, Server OS, SCCM.
- Day-today running
- Investigation of issues
- Monitoring and updating the IT service desk system; prioritizing and following-up calls and ensuring that users are supported in a timely and effective manner
- Ensuring effective performance, integrity and security of all IT Systems
- Coach team members and peers to reduce knowledge gaps where required
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
What experience you need to be the successful Senior IT Technician:
- Extensive experience working in a multi-disciplined team across 1st - 3rd Line support
- Essential Working knowledge of:
- Windows Client OS's & Applications (Win 7 - Win 10 / Office 365 etc.)
- Windows Server Technology (2008R2 - 2016)
- High Level Active Directory administration
- High Level Exchange 2010 - 2016 administration
- MS System Centre Configuration Manager
- Enterprise Backup Solutions
- MDM Environments (Blackberry UEM)
- DNS, DHCP and Terminal Services
- WAN / LAN / WIFI and TCP/IP
- Active Directory / WSUS / SCCM
- Firewall configuration
- Ability to deal with sensitive information
Desirable working knowledge of:
- Network technologies (HP Switches/Firewalls)
- Experience in Microsoft Group Policy
- Familiarity with MoD/CESG rules and regulation
- Excellent general written and verbal communications skills.
- Willing to undergo, and are able to achieve and maintain, SC and/or DV security clearance.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior IT Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
*Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance is required for the Senior IT Technician position*
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.