|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum + comprehensive benefits package|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence, IT & Telecoms, Electronics||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Senior IT Technician required for one of the world leading and most successful defence organisations, based in Greenford. My client are looking for someone to join their IT department, delivering day to day IT services via the helpdesk to support approximately 400 users.
This is a fantastic permanent opportunity for an established IT Technician to work for a global leader, paying a highly competitive salary of £30,000 - £35,000 dependant on prior experience.
Successful candidates will have experience of 1st - 3rd Line Support, as well as experience of Windows Servers and Active Directory Administration.
All applicants for this position must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
- Matched 5% pension
- 25 days' holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Private medical insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work schemes
- Dental insurance
- Critical illness cover
Key Responsibilities for Senior IT Technician position:
- Provide a consistently high quality and professional customer service to the Ultra Business in all areas of IT.
- Ensuring issues identified are resolved or escalated where required and lessons learned are documented for process improvement.
- Deliver 2nd to 3rd Line Support to the CIS business and infrastructure across multiple sites.
- Resolving service desk issues by liaising with end users to ensure that requests are closed in a timely fashion in line with the IT SLA.
- Manage and resolve issues with vendors and suppliers for key systems under support contracts so that disruption to the business is minimised.
- Be responsible for the specific key IT systems such as the mobile technology environment (BES), enterprise backup solution and other technology where required.Coach team members and peers to reduce knowledge gaps where required.
- Produce and maintain concise documentation on systems and procedures for the benefit of the IT team.
- Aid in delivering key IT projects as set out by the IT Project Manager and take responsibility for tasks within those projects.
- This role covers support requirements for both the Restricted and Secret networks.
- Assisting in the cover of first line calls where required.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications Required:
Extensive experience working in a multi-disciplined team across 1st - 3rd Line support
Essential Working knowledge of:
- Windows Client OS's & Applications (Win 7 - Win 10 / Office etc.)
- Windows Server Technology (2008R2 - 2016)
- High Level Active Directory administration
- High Level Exchange 2010 - 2016 administration
- MS System Centre Configuration Manager
- Enterprise Backup Solutions
- MDM Environments (Blackberry UEM)
Desirable working knowledge of:
- Network technologies (HP Switches/Firewalls)
- Experience in Microsoft Group Policy
- Familiarity with MoD/CESG rules and regulations
If you would like to apply for this exciting Senior IT Technician position please click 'apply now'. All applicants must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.