|Location: Farnborough, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Corporate & Professional Services||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Steve Barham||Job Published: 10 days ago|
This is an opportunity to join multinational defence technology company based in Farnborough who are looking to hire an in-house lawyer/solicitor. The objective of the role is to provide legal advice and counsel to the international operations by providing both corporate and commercial legal support on transactions undertaken by the business.
- Qualified commercial lawyer/solicitor
- Comfortable operating at senior management level
- Experience of within a complex and international organisations and/or with complex technologies
- Ideally a strong understanding public sector contracting in the defence sector
- Pragmatic approach to risk management
- Advanced negotiations skills
About the role
- Contribute to and deliver legal services which enable the achievement of the strategic objectives of the International business.
- Provide strategic counsel and advice on the full range of commercial transactions and full spectrum of legal subjects involved in the effective delivery of the International business's strategy.
- Lead on the legal aspects of establishing joint venture partnerships and new overseas entities, as needed to meet the International Business's growth strategy, and support the governance of those JVs and overseas entities once established.
- Proactively manage various complex stakeholders across the International business and its supporting functions; delivering clear, concise and consistent legal advice and recommendations.
- Provide subject matter leadership across the entire spectrum of legal services relating to the requirements of the International business, building capability and driving high professional standards.
- Support the implementation of relevant corporate governance policies and processes within the International business, including delivering training and awareness in relation to the legal aspects of such governance policy and process.
- Accountable for managing the effective engagement and use of external legal counsel, ensuring we secure quality services and value for money; and for building relationships with counsel on the company's Legal Panel.
If you believe you have the necessary skills experience please don't hesitate to apply or contact Steve Barham for more information.