|Location: Ampthill, Bedfordshire||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Charlie Ringer||Job Published: 7 days ago|
Senior Manufacturing Configuration Engineer Needed - Permanent Position - Based in Ampthill
Currently I am Recruiting for a Senior Manufacturing Configuration Engineer for a Market leading Defence company based in Ampthill, Bedfordshire. The successful Candidate must have experience within the Defence industry.
This role will focus on performing Physical Configuration Audits (PCA's), maintenance of the As Built Records (A0096 documents) for all deliverable LRU's and systems delivered to the customer and governance of Manufacturing Data Pack (MDP's) for use on the shop floor.
Benefits package for the successful Senior Manufacturing Configuration Engineer:
- Up to £45,000 per annum based on experience
- 24 day's holiday
- Flexible start/finish times
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle scheme
- Life assurance
Required skills for the successful Senior Manufacturing Configuration Engineer
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of a broad range of Configuration Management processes
- A tenacious, detailed and data driven individual who can support the configuration control principles with a challenging Programme environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detailed understanding of the fundamentals of MRP and experience in the maintenance of Manufacturing BOM's and routings and controlling factors within SAP (or similar ERP software).
- A high level of SAP/Windchill experience / knowledge is essential
- A strong background in and knowledge of the use of Excel for data analysis.
- Has experience in defining and governing document standards.
- Good communication skills that can sell and influence to a range of audiences internally and externally with the ability to work with all levels of the business
- An independent thinker, able to take an assertive stance to enforce the key requirements of quality and the customer
- Is familiar with document types utilised to define and document a Manufacturing process
- Experience of preparing operational documentation and manufacturing data-packs.
- Key competences: Personal accountability, building relationships, planning for results, customer first, adaptability.
- Capable of obtaining SC - Security Clearance
Main Duties for the successful Senior Manufacturing Configuration Engineer
- Tracks and reports on the configuration of the As-Built standard of manufactured assemblies in accordance with command media and contractual requirements in preparation for delivery to the customer.
- Ensures the timely creation of As-Built Records for retrospective uplift work, including evidencing the embodiment of Change and closure of Concessions.
- Oversees and reports on the creation of As-Built Records for internal assemblies and deliverable items.
- Tracks the embodiment of change into WIP and SAP Planning in line with Programme rhythm.
- Leads the PCA's and any incremental audits as required.
- Ensures robust controls are in place within the Manufacturing Business System (SAP) to ensure configuration control of manufactured parts is appropriate.
- Governance of manufacturing Process Instructions for MDP's and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Manages the control of Manufacturing Process Change
- Chair the Manufacturing Configuration Control Boards (MCCB).
- Tracks the alignment of the above documentation to correct released engineering baseline.
- Reviews the Touchstone process for Manufacturing change to ensure applicability maintained within area of responsibility.
- Provides the training for any new configuration systems and procedures across Operations when required.