|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Senior Manufacturing Configuration Engineer
Senior Manufacturing Configuration Engineer needed for a multinational aerospace and defence organisation based near Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Senior Manufacturing Configuration Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of SAP, Windchill, and the aerospace and defence Industry. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel would also be highly advantageous.
The successful Senior Manufacturing Configuration Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
- 25 day's holiday plus bank holidays
- 9 day fortnite (every other Friday off)
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Child care vouchers
- Bupa Healthcare
- Cycle scheme
- Life assurance
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Manufacturing Configuration Engineer will include:
- Tracks and reports on the configuration of the As-Built standard of manufactured assemblies in accordance with command media and contractual requirements in preparation for delivery to the customer.
- Ensures the timely creation of As-Built Records for retrospective uplift work, including evidencing the embodiment of Change and closure of Concessions.
- Oversees and reports on the creation of As-Built Records for internal assemblies and deliverable items.
- Tracks the embodiment of change into WIP and SAP Planning in line with Programme rhythm.
- Leads the PCA's and any incremental audits as required.
- Ensures robust controls are in place within the Manufacturing Business System (SAP) to ensure configuration control of manufactured parts is appropriate.
- Governance of manufacturing Process Instructions for MDP's and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Manages the control of Manufacturing Process Change in accordance with the company command media.
- Chair the Manufacturing Configuration Control Boards (MCCB).
- Tracks the alignment of the above documentation to correct released engineering baseline.
- Reviews the Touchstone process for Manufacturing change to ensure applicability maintained within area of responsibility.
- Provides the training for any new configuration systems and procedures across Operations when required.
- Reporting of Change Embodiment in Work in Progress (WIP) and SAP Planning.
- Assist with the management of Statements of Work (SoW) for uplift packages.
- May support the Manufacturing Engineer with the creation of SAP planning as required.
What you need to be the successful Senior Manufacturing Configuration Engineer:
In order to be the successful Senior Manufacturing Configuration Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of a broad range of Configuration Management processes
- A tenacious, detailed and data driven individual who can support the configuration control principles with a challenging Programme environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detailed understanding of the fundamentals of MRP and experience in the maintenance of Manufacturing BOM's and routings and controlling factors within SAP (or similar ERP software).
- A high level of SAP/Windchill experience / knowledge is essential
- A strong background in and knowledge of the use of Excel for data analysis.
- Has experience in defining and governing document standards.
- Good communication skills that can sell and influence to a range of audiences internally and externally with the ability to work with all levels of the business
- An independent thinker, able to take an assertive stance to enforce the key requirements of quality and the customer
- Is familiar with document types utilised to define and document a Manufacturing process
- Experience of preparing operational documentation and manufacturing data-packs.
- Key competences: Personal accountability, building relationships, planning for results, customer first, adaptability.
- Capable of obtaining SC - Security Clearance
All applicants must be elegible for SC Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Manufacturing Configuration Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!