|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £40000 - £47000 per annum + comprehensive benefits package|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Senior Maritime Communications Engineer required for one of world's leading and most successful defence and maratime companies, based in Portsmouth. My client are leading the way in the test and design of naval mission systems for the likes of the Ministry of Defence (MOD) and the Royal Navy
My client are looking for people with military communications experience, with a Royal Navy background. The position is working predominantely on surface vecils, managing the replacement and feature requirements for Naval Communications.
On offer for this Senior Maritime Communications Engineer is a highly competitive salary of £40,000 - £47,000, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Candidates for this opportunity must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
Job description/Person specification:
- Provide customer facing advice in relation to Maritime CIS programmes and related challenges.
- Represent customers when required to do so at technical and strategy meetings
- Attend trials activities, including: Integration trials, Harbour Acceptance Trials (HATS) and Sea Acceptance Trials (SATS), including the analysis and production of formal reports on the outcomes
- Responsible for the technical delivery of communications solution from high level design to delivery and transition to service
- Working to define and deliver communications solutions, taking high level design documents and delivering solution
- Supporting proposal development by translating customer requirements into high level design documents
- Able to work collaboratively and build teams to ensure the solution is documented and delivered into service following established governance processes
- Leading complex higher-risk projects and tasks, solutions may have no precedence
- Self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communication skills
- Be organized and have exceptional time and personal management
- Have good technical knowledge and experience across multiple platforms and technologies
Senior Maritime Communication Engineer Requirements:
- Proactively aid in the production of (and/or contributions to) proposal for work (preparation/justification of work programmes/plans/resource estimates)
- Lead integration teams to ensure delivered solution follows defined design process and governance procedures and processes
- Keep abreast of industry trends and advancements in communications systems
- Work with management team to drive through a culture of technical and engineering excellence and adherence to technical governance.
- Build and enhance relationships with peers and communications engineers* Be responsible for undertaking project work across the team as required - participation in reference groups, training and research on new functionality etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) with suitable experience in Communications and Information Systems or able to provide evidence of equivalent experience in industry or the Armed Forces is essential
- Good written and verbal communication skills to present technical issues in a clear and understandable manner to colleagues and customers are essential
- Particular deep skills, knowledge and experience in Maritime CIS systems is highly desirable.
- Broad knowledge of naval Communications Bearer Systems is highly desirable.
- Sound system engineering background is essential
All applicants for this position must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
To apply for this fantastic Senior Maritime Communications Engineer opportunity, please press 'applow now'.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.