|Location: Blackpool, Lancashire||Salary: £30 - £33 per hour|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Sam Davies|
Senior Material Engineer
Senior Material Engineer needed for a globally-recognised Medical Devices organisation based in Blackpool who are looking to employ an experienced Senior Materials Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of a range of engineering functions in association with Materials development projects.
The successful Senior Material Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a very competitive rate of pay: £30 - £33 per hour.
What the role entails: Reporting to the Materials Engineering Manager the Senior Materials Engineer will provide a lead role in the project & validation engineering of Materials Development projects.
Some of the key responsibilities of the Senior Material Engineer will include:
* Consolidation and validation of Project Plans and deliverables.
* Manage communication and work commitments with teams' external to the core team.
* Facilitate technical problem resolution through the application of best practice tools such as 8-D, DMAIC, etc.
* Define process outputs, transfer functions, process inputs. Understand sources of variation and inference spaces. Implement process characterization and input control to attain true process validation
* Understand Validation, Process and Project engineering related to job function/projects and lead the Engineering Team through these areas effectively.
* Characterize product and process, including identification of CQA's and CPP's, performing DOE's to define relationship models, documenting design space, creation of control plan.
* Define Material Characterization using advanced analytical techniques
* Facilitate process FMEA and ensure action follow-up and revisions as required. Utilize other QA risk analysis techniques as required to minimize potential risk during development/implementation activity.
* Ensure that all changes and activities conform to local and corporate, statutory, legislative and regulatory requirements for GMP, HSE and Quality.
* Ensure project changes are tracked and actioned appropriately.
* Implement Engineering Change Control throughout Design / Commissioning and Site Change Control during validation / production.
* Drive Validation /Verification strategies, authoring Master Validation Plans
* Ensure correct use of statistical QA methods for the project
* Create and maintain an environment of innovative continuous improvement, focusing on quality, cost reduction, process development and supply.
* Co-ordination of effective resourcing of projects and the management of individual performances to defined objectives.
What you need to be the successful Senior Material Engineer:
In order to be the successful Senior Material Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Bachelor Degree level qualification in Science/Engineering or Equivalent
* Masters in Engineering and/or Business Administration
* Minimum 5 years' experience in a Technical role
* Proven Project Management experience (min 2 years' experience)
* Materials characterization experience - microscopy, chemical-physical analysis, advanced analytical techniques
* Proven knowledge and understanding of medical device / pharmaceutical regulated industry including FDA and GMP requirements
* Working knowledge of Quality Management Standards
* Working Knowledge of Equipment and Process Validation
* Six-Sigma Green Belt certified
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Material Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.