|Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
My client, a globally leading electronics/defence company, are looking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join their growing team, a position that is critical to their business!
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for the mechanical design of satellite communications equipment from concept design, detail design through to testing.
Candidates will ideally be proficient in the use of Solidworks 3D CAD package, as well as having experience in the design of electro-mechanical systems.
All applicants for this Senior Mechanical Design Engineer position must be eligible for SC clearance. Salary will be discussed upon application.
The role is based in Aylesbury.
- 5% Bonus
- Generous pension
- Health care
- Dental care
- Flexible working
- Life assurance
- + many others!
Key Responsibilites for Senior Mechanical Design Engineer role:
- Design of satellite communications antennas and associated electronics housings.
- Design of machined, sheet metal and carbon fibre composite parts.
- Production of detail drawings and bills of materials of designs to Company standards.
- Produce high quality technical documentation to support new designs, including user manuals and maintenance instructions.
- FEA on key structural components to simulate the effect of wind loads on antennas and predict their RF performance in extreme environments.
- Provision of technical support to production and sales.
- Mechanical environmental testing (sometimes off-site) of finished antennas.
- Write up of detailed test reports for presentation to the engineering team, management and customers.
- Manage projects through the whole design cycle to defined timescales.
- Identify suitable manufacturing processes and suppliers, where appropriate, for parts.
- Proficient in the use of Solidworks 3D CAD package.
- Experience in the design of electro-mechanical systems.
- Experience in the design of lightweight, rigid structures and mechanisms.
- Experience in the design of machined and sheet metal parts.
- Experience in design to environmental standards.
- Ability to carry out accurate hand calculations and generate engineering spreadsheets.
- Ability to write detailed test reports.
- Good understanding of design for manufacture.
- Experience in the design of composite or moulded parts.
- Experience in the design of waveguide parts and assemblies.
- Experience in the design of transit cases
- Experience of carrying out environmental testing.
All applicants must be eligible for Security Clearance.
To apply for this exciting permanent opportunity, please press 'apply now'.