|Location: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire||Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Highways & Highways Electricals, Utilities & Infrastructure, Rail & Infrastructure, Design||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ashleigh Hicks||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Senior Pavement Engineer
£45k - £55k
We have an opportunity for a Senior Pavement Engineer to join an established Civil and Ground Engineering Team.
The Nottingham office, has recently expanded and is set in the centre of Nottingham making the commute easy - especially for those commuting on public transport.
About the Senior Pavement Engineer Role
Currently we are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Engineer, to work in their pavements team, with excellent design, technical and software skills who enjoys working collaboratively within multi-professional design teams.
The role will broadly cover pavement design for site development, highway, airfield, port and industrial projects.
You will assist in the production of calculations drawings, specifications and reports to support the project team
You will have demonstrable previous experience in the field of civil infrastructure and in particular pavements and asphalt and concrete pavement engineering.
You will have specialist knowledge of materials, construction of pavements and a working knowledge of UK and internally recognised standards.
You will be committed to your own professional development, hold an appropriate professional qualification and be looking for challenging work to develop your engineering skills.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
* A degree in Civil Engineering and demonstrable experience in design in accordance with the DMRB and SHW and other internationally recognised design standard and specifications;
* Be a Chartered Engineer in a relevant Institution or working towards chartership.
* Competence in the detailed design of site infrastructure, including pavements, roads, geometry, surface and sub-surface drainage, markings and street furniture: and integrating these designs to deliver a project.
* Understanding of key drivers of drainage design, such as planning, flood risk, ground conditions, levels, existing systems, etc. in order for those requirements to be coordinated with your pavement designs
* Good communication skills in written and spoken English and confidence in presenting your design to others.
* Good people management skills
* Competence in an AutoCAD or Microstation environment.
* Ability to communicate technical issues to professionals and clients.
* Success of working in a team environment.
* Able to take responsibility for own work (of different scales and types) and that of junior/apprentice engineers and technicians. Includes the ability to oversee submission of work and balance your own workload against project requirements.
* Able to check your own work and that of others to satisfy quality assurance requirements.
* Ability and familiarity in the use of Microsoft Office.
* Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
* Ability to work on multiple projects
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.