|Location: Edinburgh, Scotland||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Planning||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: William Aungier||Job Published: 25 days ago|
Senior Planner needed for a Tier 1 construction contractor who are a multinational infrastructure group based in the United Kingdom. This contractor has capabilities in construction services, support services and infrastructure investments. They are currently after Senior Planner to join their Regional team on site at Edinburgh University. This is a refurbishment project to restore, extend and upgrade the grade A listed surgical building to provide new teaching facilities
Salary and benefits of Senior Planner:
The successful Senior Planner will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
- £5,000 car allowance
- Annual leave
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Life assurance
- Health insurance
What the role of Senior Planner entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Planner will include:
- Ensuring that the programme content is functionally compliant with the planning procedures and guidance.
- Identifying planning scope, major constraints and contract requirements
- Identifying major quantities and factors affecting the programme
- Establishing and agreeing with Operations construction outputs and agree working hours with appropriate Estimator
- Establishing and agreeing with Operations and Bid Team key methods of construction, sequencing, installation and commissioning
- Producing and documenting the planning deliverables including programmes, planning philosophy, presentations and reports.
- Producing the Tender Programme and supporting information in accordance with the tender requirements
- Developing overall programmes, issuing to all parties for review and implementing recommendations, innovation and best practice as applicable
- Reconciling company and sub-contract plant/labour and major materials elements in conjunction where appropriate Applying resource levelling techniques as necessary
- Interfacing with third parties to identify and resolve issues
- In addition to the above, at contract stage the Planner is accountable to the Planning/Project Lead for:
- Ensuring that the Contract Programme is produced, managed and maintained in accordance with the planning procedures.
- The overall planning strategy and the timing & sequence of the Contract Programme activities
What you need to be the successful Senior Planner:
In order to be the successful Senior Planner and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Operational experience
- Asta Powerproject experience
- Tender document experience (JCT, NEC or Bespoke forms of construction contract)
- Understanding on various construction methods.
- Relevant CSCS Card.
- Good NEC experience
- Worked on a permanent basis for a tier 1 construction contractor
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- An OND/HND in a relevant subject is desirable, as is Professional membership of one or more of the following: RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Planner to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
| 01342 330513