|Location: Oxfordshire, England||Salary: Ben's|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Senior Power Systems Engineer
Salary dependant on experience
My client is seeking to employ an experienced and motivated Power Systems Engineer at their facility based in Oxfordshire, UK. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing company seeking to make a positive contribution to the growing problem of orbital debris that endangers mankind's continued use of space as an asset. This role will allow the right candidate to shape solutions for their missions. Whilst the candidate will primarily work in the UK, they will interact extensively with a larger team in companies Asia Office and may be required to travel to Asia as needed in support of projects and operations. This company can offer you very exciting and ground breaking projects to work on while working with passionate like minded engineers. Don't miss out on this!!
Some of the main duties of the Power Systems Engineer will include:
* Lead development and design activities for Power sub-systems on the company spacecraft:
* derive and maintain sub-system requirements
* define and develop sub-system architecture
* perform trade-off analysis of hardware & software solutions
* developing power budgets
* define FMECA and FDIR processes
* Coordinate with other teams at sub-system and at system level to define ConOps, ICDs, development and verification plans.
* Plan, prepare, and conduct sub-systems and system level verification tests, including environmental testing.
* Interact with partners and suppliers for the provision of power system equipment. Support procurement engineers with specification, trade-off and selection of power system equipment. Participate in review of the deliverables in support of the project milestones.
In order to be the successful Power Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
Essential Skills & experience
* Diploma; bachelor or master's degree in electrical engineering or relevant engineering/science discipline.
* Experience of designing and testing power subsystems for satellites.
* Understanding of solar panel specification, manufacturing process, handling and testing.
* Experience of designing and testing EGSE for the purposes of powering the satellite during the AIT phase
* Experience sizing, procuring, testing and integrating satellite batteries and an awareness of the storage & handling requirements for batteries.
* Experience in constructing grounding philosophies and grounding diagrams for spacecraft architectures.
Desired Skills & Experience
* Experience of analysis radiation tolerances and knowledge of radiation hardness assurance for Low Earth Orbit applications.
* Demonstrable experience of spacecraft design lifecycle at all stages from initial concept to design, test, and operations.
* Operational experience of power systems on spacecraft missions.
* Whilst the working language across all company divisions is English, proficiency in spoken and/or written Japanese would be considered an asset.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Power Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.