|Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire||Salary: £1 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Technology, Planning, Defence, Electronics, Production||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Dominic Martin|
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Production Planner to take their career to the next level with one of the world's leading and fastest growing defence and electronics companies based in High Wycombe! Their recognised in the industry through their ground breaking technology for military applications; electro-optic systems, weapon interfacing electronics and naval combat management systems!
You as the Senior Production Planner will be responsible for receiving, processing and progressing allocated Work Packages submitted by Project Managers. You'll ensure that the required hardware is procured, built and tested (or repaired) to the agreed schedule to meet the internal and external contract requirements.
On offer to you:
* Permanent opportunity with growing organisation, progressive in delivering ground breaking systems to Royal Navy, British Army and Royal Air Force customers!
* An above market salary with a list of benefits available! (I will discuss the above market salary with you after confirming your interest in the position)!
* Early finishes on a Friday!
The key responsibilities and tasks for Senior Production Planner includes:
* The timely and accurate processing of WPDS submitted by the Programmes Team, keeping the Manufacturing Manager, Programme/Project Managers appraised of delivery schedule and performance against budget.
* Running PMR and raising requisitions to support required manufacturing and/or repair activity.
* Raising Manufacturing Orders to support hardware build and test activities (or repairs).
* Instigating the kitting of parts to ensure a continuous flow of work to the Shop Floor.
* Monitoring and recording all pertinent data required by the contract to ensure full traceability and correct build standard is achieved.
* Liaising with Commercial, Design, Manufacturing Engineer, DO. Purchasing, QA, as necessary.
* Producing planning, forecasting, progress and project reports, as required.
* Engaging directly with Programmes and Engineering on any issues that are impeding the progress of manufacturing activity.
* Attending project and progress meetings as required.
* Where tasked, providing cover for Greenford based planning activities, developing familiarity with their MRP system.
* Where tasked, providing support to the roll-out of a new MRP system.
* Where tasked, running the MRP or related systems eg IFS, Preactor, Costpoint.
Essential Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills required for Senior Production Planner Position:
* Familiarity with MRP systems and ideally 2 year's practical experience of their use. IFS or Costpoint experience would be an advantage.
* Ability to use MS Word and Excel is essential.
* Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent in a Production/Manufacturing field or similar.
* Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing.
* Working Knowledge of IFS.
* Ideally from a similar Electronics, Defence, Aerospace or Security Cleared background.
Please remember, you must be eligible for SC security clearance when applying for this opportunity.
How to apply:
To discuss your application and enquire about interviewing for this position please apply for the role online and Dominic Martin at Gold Group Ltd will be in touch with you shortly to discuss the next steps of your application.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.