|Location: Winchester, Hampshire||Salary: £26 - £30 per hour|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Job Title: Senior Project Engineer (Roads Value Stream)
Reporting to: Project Manager (Roads Value Stream)
Job Duration: 6 Months + or Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary Range (Dependant on experience and skillset): £210 - £240 per day or £35k - £40K per annum
The Senior Project Engineer Role:
To manage activities for the Highways Team relating to the feasibility, design and construction of Road Renewals, RIS schemes and/or Designated Funds projects on the Area 3 Network to the Client's requirement.
The successful Senior Project Engineer will manage up to three members of staff.
Tasks/Responsibilities for the Successful Senior Project Enginer:
- Manage and deliver scheme work on several projects at any one time to required brief and programme.
- Carry out site investigations, inspections, surveys, studies and analysis. Drafts reports on identified problems, record costed options and recommend solutions.
- Prepare and check design calculations and drawing production.
- Prepare and collate technical documents and reports.
- Maintain high technical standards, consistent with the project brief. Keep up to date with technical updates and changes.
- Draft responses to project related correspondence
- Support the Design teams work for the Collaborative Performance Framework (CPF).
- Maintain contact with the Client organization and other organizations including attending meetings. Direct liaison with clients regarding technical issues and project progress etc. Undertake site supervision duties when required.
- Assist in project administration and control including monitoring of costs and programme.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the work of Project Engineers and others and support their personal development.
- Ensure compliance with the Integrated Management System.
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations.
- Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with the general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Procedures Manual.
Typical Skills/Experience of The Senior Project Engineer:
- Appropriate qualification in Civil Engineering.
- Affiliation with Civil Engineering Institution or equivalent professional Organisation.
- Typically 5+ years experience working within the highways industry on a high speed Network including knowledge of Network Operations and Scheme delivery.
- Experience in the outline and detailed design of major projects schemes, highways maintenance and highways improvement schemes.
- Experience in managing other staff. Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience using quality, environmental and health and safety legislation and management systems, particularly CDM 2007.
- Project and programme management advantageous.
- Ability to use MS Project, ARCADY, PICADY, LinSig or WINDES advantageous.
If you are interested in this position, please get in touch as they are looking to get you started ASAP.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.